Chapter 15: The Golden Sword

/Chapter 15: The Golden Sword

"You know, brother, you most likely would have succeeded in capturing our ship as well as my friends but I'm afraid there is one big thing you have overlooked." Percy said calmly as he looked straight in the golden mask of Chrysaor./

"That I'm not someone to be fucked with," Percy said.

/"And what would that be Perseus?" Chrysaor growled.

Percy looked down at his feet for a second before his eyes slowly made their up to and stared defiantly into the eye holes of Chrysaor's mask.

"I am no son of Poseidon and obedience does not come easily for us children of Hades." Percy said with a smirk before he thrust his hand forward as Hazel vanished into a shadow from the shocked pirate's grasp.

Percy turned to Zoe who dissolved into shadows, reappearing on a perch atop the ship's mast before Percy charged at Chrysaor where bronze met gold in a flurry of strikes./

"Get him, Percy. Rip his heart out!" Ares yelled.

"I don't think we're going that far," Percy said. "No fatalities in this world."

"Aw man, but it would be so awesome," Ares said.

/Hazel ran to Piper and Jason, quickly untying them where Piper sprang into action, spinning to avoid a lunging dolphin warrior before she grabbed his sword and sent a chop to his throat as she ripped the sword out of his grasp and drove it into his chest as he struggled to breath.

Annabeth whirled around with her dagger out but paled as a dozen dolphin warriors stalked towards her. Before they could react, a volley of silver arrows rained down, cutting down three of them quickly while the rest tried to take cover. Annabeth used the distraction to slip on her invisibility cap and attack.

Percy was slightly shocked at the sword skills of the son of Medusa. He was the toughest opponent he had faced since he trained with the heroes of old. The two went back and forth, neither able to gain an advantage until a wave of water swept Percy's legs out from under him.

Percy rolled to the side, barely avoiding the golden sword of Chrysaor as he jumped to his feet, vaguely aware of the chaos erupting around him. He hoped his friends were okay but he knew with Zoe up above, she would watch their backs. He trusted her above all others in life and death situations./

Zoe smiled. She knew she could trust Percy as well even if he did give her a heart attack on most instances.

/Chrysaor stalked towards Percy. Percy could feel him trying to use the sea again but this time Percy was focused, making sure to keep the water at bay. It was tough; his enemy's power over the sea was superior to his own, something he wasn't used to. He was barely able to contain the wave enough to stop it from coming over the ship.

"Your power over the sea is not match for mine Perseus. I am the strongest son of Poseidon to ever live." Chrysaor growled.

To his surprise, Percy smirked. "You're probably right but your short-term memory apparently blows. I am no son of Poseidon… my father is Hades and he would kick the shit of Poseidon."/

"Dam right," Hades said.

/Chrysaor roared in outrage as a wave crashed over the side of the ship but Percy dissolved into shadows, reappearing behind Chrysaor and punching him in the back of the head sending him stumbling into his own wave. Chrysaor was knocked off his feet as Percy charged, unleashing a flurry of strikes that Chrysaor struggled to block. Percy kept the son of Medusa from getting back to his feet but could not land a finishing blow.