𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18

The Night Takes a Turn

DAMIEN RYDER

As I was leading Julianna into the party, her playful teasing continued, her eyes sparkling with mischief. However, her demeanor shifted as her friends emerged from the house. "Stella!" I called out, waving them over. They gathered around Julianna, guiding her towards the party as she seemed a so drowsy.

Stepping into the party, I was immediately engulfed in a vibrant scene. My living room had transformed into a bustling club-like atmosphere, filled with exuberant, beautiful women and a few men. Bartenders skillfully navigated between tables, trays balanced with drinks, the clinking of ice against glasses a subtle background noise against the pulsating music.

I spotted Julianna and her friends immersed in the festivities, their movements synchronized with the rhythm of the music. It was evident that Julianna was not accustomed to alcohol. "Such an innocent baddie," I thought to myself, finding a seat amidst the crowd.

A waitress, clad in a red tank top and tight denim shorts, approached me. "What would you like to drink, Sir?" she asked, her demeanor suggesting she was aware of my status. Her attractiveness momentarily confused me—was she one of my maids or a guest posing as a waitress? "Two bottles of Brother Bonds," I replied, watching as she noted down my order before leaving with a flirtatious smile and a wink, confirming my suspicion that she was not one of my staff.

The dimly lit living room, illuminated by neon and blue lights, pulsated with music and energy. I glanced over at Julianna, noticing her state of inebriation. Concerned, I approached her, and as I guided her through the steps, I could feel the envious stares and murmurs from the other women.

"Ryder..." Julianna's voice was faint, indicating her blurred vision and impaired speech. "You're so clingy," I teased, seating her gently on a chair beside my bed. I quickly prepared honey water to help her sober up. "You need to drink this honey water," I instructed, handing her the glass. She took a sip before I left briefly to rejoin the party, ensuring no one misinterpreted my actions.

However, the festive atmosphere was abruptly shattered by a piercing wail that echoed through my compound, causing chaos as partygoers scrambled to flee the approaching police. Rushing back to my room, I found Julianna still sitting there, holding the cup of honey water but still feeling drowsy. I lifted her and laid her gently on my bed. "There's a commotion outside. Rest here and be fine," I reassured her, kissing her forehead before leaving the room.

As I stepped outside, I was met with a daunting sight—the police had surrounded my premises. "Attention, this is the police! We have a warrant to search this premises. Mr. Damien Ryder, come out with your hands up! You are surrounded, and resistance is futile. Surrender peacefully, and no harm will come to you," the announcement blared through their megaphones. It was clear—they were here for me.