Part Three

Your POV:

I'm at home, sitting in my bedroom while working on a sketch. Wendy is suppose to be stopping by to drop off my earbuds I had let her barrowed at school today. Somehow, I forgot to get them back from her. Anyways, she should be here in any minute now. She called me about ten minutes ago.

Anyways, the new sketch I'm working on is some random guy. So far I drew him with short and messy hair, an oval shaped face, a set of small eyes, a pair of small lips and a perfect shaped nose. Right now I'm working on the upper part of his body. I don't plan on drawing his whole body, however. I want to draw him holding a rose, which I will color black once I complete the drawing. So far, it's coming out really nice. Can't wait to show this one to my friends.

There's a knock at my bedroom door from on the other side. I tell whoever it is to come in. The door opens and Wendy walks in.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey. You know, you could've kept them til tomorrow since we'll both be at the park."

"I wasn't sure if you needed them now or not," she says, walking over to my bed and sitting down.

I watch her reach into her bag and pull out my earbuds. As she hands them to me I notice she seems a bit down about something. I can see it in her eyes and the expression on her face.

"Hey. You okay?" She looks up at me. "Something tells me you didn't come over just to return my earbuds. What's up?" I ask.

She sighs. "I just been doing a lot of thinking about Jason and me." Oh no. Don't tell me she's ready to call it quits with the guy. I actually think they're the cutest couple in McKinley High. And I'm not just saying that because they're my friends.... Okay, maybe I am.

"What about you two?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders. "You think it's possible for Jason and I to continue our relationship? I mean, with us going to different colleges after graduation in all.... I don't know. Part of me feels like our relationship will eventually become complicated and that we may end up growing apart."

Unfortunately, people grow apart and with me feeling the same way about my friends I can understand why she feels this way about her and Jason. I'm scared to lose contact with my friends after graduation. I'm scared that I may never see them again. I'm scared that I might not have anyone to share my happiness with in the future. Will it be possible for my friends and me to continue our friendship?

"If you two really love each other, I don't see why you should let any amount of distance break you two up," I answer. "You and Jason are great together. Heck, you guys are perfect for each other and it would be super disappointing if you guys ever broke up. If anything, make some sort of schedule on when to visit each other. Like make a plan to see each other twice a month. And video and voice call as much as you two can."

"Yeah, but what if the relationship still becomes complicated?" she ask.

"It won't as long as you take my advice," I tell her. I lean towards her, putting both of my hands on her shoulders. "I want you to swear to me that you two will never give up on each other and that I will get an invitation to your wedding in the future."

She chuckles, rolling her eyes. "Okay, fine. We won't give up on each other. And yes, you will receive an invitation to our wedding. In fact, I just might even make you the braids maid." I smile at that last sentence and excitedly wrap my arms around my best friend. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You have no ideal how happy you just made me," I tell her. She hugs me back while laughing.

"What's that?" she suddenly ask. We break apart and she gets up off the bed, walking towards my desk. I watch her pick up my sketchbook as she takes a closer look at my unfinished work. "Just a new sketch that I'm working on," I tell her.

She looks at me side-eyed, showing me the sketch. "Why are you drawing Ian McKinney?" she ask.

"What?" I sort of mumble. "What are you talking about? I'm not drawing Ian McKinley." I stand up to review the sketch with Wendy.

"(Y/n), I know Ian McKinley's face when I see it," she tells me. "This is Ian McKinley. You are drawing Ian McKinley." I take my sketchbook out of Wendy's hand, looking closely at the sketch I'm currently working on. Oh shit. She's right. How the hell did I not know I was drawing Ian McKinley? Most importantly, why am I drawing Ian McKinley?

"Care to explain this?" Wendy says with her arms folded.

"Uhhh.... I mean...." I can feel her eyeing me as I try to come up with an explanation. Nothing seems to be coming to me at this moment. I can feel my heart pounding against my chest as my legs starts to tremble, but not enough for her to notice. That usually happens when I'm nervous about something.

Suddenly, there's a knock at my door. It opens, revealing my mother. "Hey, girls. Hope I'm not interrupting anything," she says.

"Oh uh, no," tell her. "We were just talking."

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to let you know that dinner will be ready in about ten minutes," my mom announce. "Okay. Cool. Thanks," I respond.

She looks at Wendy. "Will you be joining us tonight?"

"Oh, thanks, Mrs.(l/n), but I'm already suppose to be meeting up with my boyfriend for dinner," Wendy tells her. "Okay. No problem," mom smiles before looking at me. "See you at dinner, hun." I smile back before she leaves Wendy and me alone, closing the door.

"Okay. Well, on that note I should probably get going," Wendy says, grabbing her bag from off my bed. She walks towards the door and stops to turn around to look at me. "And just so you know, your secret is safe with me." I look at her with wide eyes as she smiles and winks at me before leaving.

Secret? What secret? I have no ideal what she meant by that.