27

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ i hosted parties and starved my body
like id be saved by the perfect kiss.
TAYLOR SWIFT^

LORELEI

EVEN IN high school, I wasn't the type to throw a party. I had no idea the workings or the planning of hosting. And to be honest, it has been stressing the hell out of me.

"A keg?" I widened my eyes, watching Mark and Ethan carrying it through my kitchen and towards the backyard.

"You can't throw a party without a keg." Dylan said in a duh-tone, rolling his eyes. "Lorelei, I'm telling you this party will go down in history."

I fought a smile as I eyed the boy in front of me, wearing a blue birthday satchel. "Where's your birthday crown?"

"Very funny." Dylan narrowed his light eyes at me. "Try again when I can barely stand, yeah?" Dylan paused again, looking towards me. "Have fun tonight, Sanders. Don't be so stuck up."

"Me? Stuck up?" I gawked, holding my palm across my chest. "Last I checked, the speaker outside is twice as big as my head and the entirety of Moe's Liquor store is scattered around my house."

Dylan shot me a playful wink, stepping outside to join the rest of his teammates. I walked to the bathroom just down the hall from Ellie and I's kitchen, keeping the door propped open as I glanced at my appearance.

"I was wondering where you went." Luke sighed lowly, seemingly with relief as he came to stand behind me, locking eyes with my own through the mirror.

"Did you think I ditched my own party?" I cocked a brow, leaning into him as my back pressed against his chest.

Luke smirked, slinging both of his arms around my waist, letting his cup rest against my bare stomach as I could feel the condensation of the cold alcohol.

"Nah." Luke shrugged. "I would've been more upset if I didn't get the invite."

Around an hour later, it felt like I couldn't move. My smaller house was crammed full of faces I didn't recognize, I was beginning to grow anxious watching them touch my belongings. Fucking Luke.

I glanced down at my cup before completely downing it, feeling the liquid burning my throat. My eyes fell to the backyard, watching my boyfriend being hosted up and praised as he seemingly mastered the keg stand.

All of this was too much for me, the sweaty bodies, loud music that traveled through the floor, the amount of alcohol I consumed from my stressed state, it was too much.

I was spinning, my chest growing heavy like a big weight was placed on it. You're a lightweight, Lorelei! The sentence I kept repeating to myself for days before this party, but I didn't listen.

My fingertips danced along the walls of my hallway, stopping as I gripped onto the doorway and stepped into the bathroom. My hands fell to cover my face as I hunched over my sink. I just needed to catch my breath.

"Excuse me?" I voices echoed beside me, seemingly going through one ear and out the other. "Oh, Lorelei."

I lifted my head, even through the shitty vision I had, I knew from the light blonde locks, it was Jane. "What?"