34

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ but still i gotta have it
JUSTIN BEIBER^

LUKE- 8 MONTHS AGO

MY HEAD was pounding, the headache growing on my right side was only growing stronger as Dylan screamed in my ear, celebrating our win.

"What's wrong, bro?" A hand slapped my shoulder gently. "You seem a little tense."

Mark came to stand before me, wearing a sly smirk I had the urge to slap off. "Oh, come on. Hey, let's have some fun."

I cocked a brow at him, my eyes darting back to Lorelei who babbled to Ellie about something across the room. I didn't know why, but I found myself getting more drawn to her. After every conversation, she left me wanting more.

"How about with Lorelei?" Mark quipped, his eyes following my gaze as I twisted my face up with confusion.

"What about her?" I shrugged, taking a long swig of my beer as I avoided his sharp gaze.

Mark ticked his jaw, his honey eyes finding her before turning his attention back to me. I knew Mark had no good intention here.

"You know people still talk about the way she bitched you?" Mark teased, a low chuckle leaving his lips. "Like, more than you think. Don't you want revenge?"

"I didn't think it was that deep, Mark." I said with honesty. I didn't think about that specific part of the night as much as people assumed.

Mark pressed his lips into a flat line, digging his hand into his back pocket to pull out his wallet. "Come on, Luke."

"Hi." Jane sauntered over to us, practically inviting herself into our conversation as I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "What's going on over here?"

"I'm just trying to get Luke to have some fun." Mark hummed with a lift of his shoulders. "Maybe you could convince him."

Jane blinked, her big blue eyes staring into my soul as she wore a sweet grin. "Oh, Luke. Come on, you've never been stuck up. What's this about?"

"You know Lorelei Sanders?" Mark gestured towards the brunette sitting on the couch.

Jane's eyes reached her, a look of disgust coating her features before she turned back to Mark with a short nod. "Yeah, I do. She's a bitch, especially after what she did to Luke."

"You guys are so fucking dramatic." I muttered, shaking my head. Why the hell was I siding with Lorelei?

"You're always down to talk shit about her." Mark glanced wearily at the blonde. "What? Oh, wait, does Lukey have a crush?"

I scoffed. He must be joking. "Seriously, Mark? Do you know me?"

"I do." Mark slapped my shoulder gently. "So, what do you say?"

"Depends on what it is." I pursued my lips, watching the light bulb tick over his head as he nodded, grinning evilly towards me.

He leaned over, whispering to Jane as if he needed her approval. Jane covered her mouth with small
giggles that were the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard.

"Luke, you always have girls at your feet don't you?" Mark crossed his arms over his chest, discreetly gesturing towards Jane beside him. "But Lorelei."

"Don't you two have, like, a deep rooted hated for each other?" Jane asked, biting her cherry red lips.

I darted my tongue out to sweep across my lips before shrugging. If I was being honest, it was all in my head. I truly couldn't give two shits if she loved or hated me.

"Well, Lorelei is a hopeless romantic. Everyone knows it." Jane chuckled like she was taunting her. "It's sweet, really. But, do you really think she'd fall for you?"

"I don't know." I blinked with confusion. "What are you guys even saying?"

Mark fished out the $100 bill, clutching it between his fingers as he treated it like a cat and mouse game. "You make her fall in love with you, you get the money."

"Like, what?" I scratched the back of my neck, feeling my gut prance. "Make her say she loves me? Or..."

"Yes!" Jane nodded. "It's not like you're gonna fall for someone like her. In the end, you walk away with the cash prize and she...she'll get over it."

I glanced at the money, my eyes flicking back over to the brunette as she smiled brightly towards Ellie and Dylan. I couldn't help but shake the thought of this was a bad idea.

"Okay." I nodded, brushing them both off. I wasn't one to turn down a challenge, no matter what the outcome was. Maybe I was selfish for thinking like that.

"Bonus." Jane chewed her gum as she dug through the small silver clutch she'd bring everywhere. "If you sleep with her, I'll give you $50."

Mark whistled with a headshake. "Fuck, dude. That girl has got to be, like, a prude or some shit."

I weighed my options and with no thought, I agreed.

"You have eight months." Mark scrolled on his phone, pulling up the calendar app as he set a reminder. "Eight months, Lukey."

"Don't make this easy for me." I said cockily. "All I need is two."

luke we aren't friends rn