Chp.26 You Got No Guts

-PLAY SOUND-

-AUTHOR's POV-

As we left off, Spencer wants to talk with (YN) and "get along", but mainly wants to talk, talk about Rick. (YN) was curious about it. So he plays along. He began playing an 8 ball pool game with Spencer, while having a drink with him too, while Eugene, Rosita, and Gabriel, alongside with some of the people in Alexandria just watch them talk and play, being hostage by the saviors, and Carl and Olivia at the front porch sick worried about what will happen.
.
.
Some time passes, (YN) started winning the game and has been drinking too, a bit too have a lot of fun.

(YN): Haha! Damn Spencer, are you that bad at 8 pool?? You little wiener! Haha!

Spencer: Not much of a fan, but my dad taught me to play. But, since in all serious, we should now talk for real, about Rick.

(YN): Ooh Yeahh..you wanna talk about pRick...well, I'm all ears Spence.

Spencer: ...I get what you're trying to do here. What you're trying to build, not saying I agree with your methods, but I get what you're doing. You're building a network, make people contribute for the better good, makes sense. But, there is something important you should know, that Rick Grimes has a history of not working with others.

(YN): Mmm, you don't say.

Spencer: Rick wasn't the original leader here, my mom was.

(YN): Ooou, now this is getting interesting.

Spencer: ...She was doing a good job about it, but she died after not too long after Rick showed up. Same goes to my brother, and my dad.

(YN): So...everything was nice and peachy here, for what?? Years?? And Rick shows up, and suddenly he made you an orphan? ...That is the saddest story I've ever heard, but I, have experienced more worse, than whatever you had to went through when his ass showed up here. But not to worry, now that I'm here, and knows what's best to not cross me over, he's not in charge, I am.

Spencer: Doesn't matter, he has a massive ego that gets loose and out of control, he'll find a way to screw things up, try to take over, like he did to my mom, and he'll do it again with you someday soon or later.

Suddenly, (YN) felt unbothered about the fact Spencer thinks Rick can find a way through to take over again, also the fact he's not even sure what does Spencer and Rick have to do with leadership, and his family too.

(YN): I'm a bit lost here...just, what exactly are you trying to propose to be done about?

Spencer walks up to (YN), and says...

Spencer: I am my mother's son. I can be the leader she wants me to be. That's what they need, and that's what you need too.

(YN): Ahh, I see, so you want to be in charge, is that right?

Spencer: Much be better off, no?

With (YN) feeling a bit sober, he now knows what Spencer is trying to do. Not only did he not want Rick as leader, but what he's trying to say is he doesn't want Rick around. And not just that, the fact he told him he's in charge now, and yet Spencer is trying to find a way to sneak in, get into his head, but won't work....He then walks around the pool table, and says...