Chapter 15

A/N: Thanks for reading, and apologies for the late update. Also, thanks Alyssa_Parks_ for a great idea! I modified it a bit, but it's clearly there. To everyone else who read this far, commented, followed me, voted, or added this story to their library or reading list, thank you so much for your support!

A/N 2: Edited on 01/23/2016 for MAJOR CONTENT CHANGES.

Together, the team, joined by Jason and Nico, raced across the ocean. Percy's complexion was pale, and his lips were chapped and bleeding from dehydration. His breath was rough and with each breath he took, his stab wound protested.

Nico wasn't in any better of a state. He was passed out at this point.

Jason was getting desperate. Percy and Nico were the only ones left that he could call family, and there was no way he was going to let them go anytime soon. Nico he couldn't do much about until they arrived back at camp where Solace could take care of him. A light smile graced Grace as he recalled Solace's obvious crush on his cousin.

A sudden thought occurred to the Son of Jupiter that moment. While he couldn't do much for Nico, there was something he could do for Percy... 

Without much further thought or consideration, Jason released Percy from his bindings and pushed him into the water.

Splash! 

Each and every Avenger looked at Jason in disbelief before reacting in their own special ways. Thor shouted in surprise, before grabbing the Son of Jupiter and raising his hammer high, anger and betrayal clear in his eyes. Natasha strained upwards to act despite being inhibited by a broken rib, only to pushed down by a concerned Banner who looked to be on the verge of turning. Clint quickly dived down with Percy, intending to save the injured boy before he drowned and hoping he didn't drown himself. Captain America held up a hand to stop Thor from smashing Jason's brains out and asked the question everyone thought but never asked: What the hell was that?

"Language!" Tony crowed, as the repulsors on his hands began firing up.

Jason quickly commanded Arion to turn back where he dropped Percy (and where Clint dived off), as their high speeds made them bypass Percy completely. 

As they headed back, he explained to the Avengers his reasoning, "What do you mean? Percy's the son of Poseidon and he was injured and hurt. I didn't want to wait until we got all the way back to camp to heal him."

Bruce cocked an eyebrow up, asking, "So you decided to dump him into the deep ocean with a stab wound that could possibly get infected by the bacteria in the water."

"Guys! A little help here?!" A voice resonated. Below them was an unamused, drenched Hawkeye. "Nobody wanted to tell me that Percy can heal himself with water? It's freezing in here and I jumped in for no reason!"

"Awww, did Birdie's feathers get wet?" Stark pouted, mocking Clint.

  "Shut up." Clint grumbled. Percy's hand flicked up and the water slowly pushed them up and into the chariot.  

"On another note, where's Percy?" Steve asked worriedly.

Percy exploded up into the air, held up by a short column of water. He was perfectly healthy and grinning. "What? You didn't see that coming?"

Everyone rolled their eyes, but it was evident that they were genuinely happy as they were smiling. The water holding Percy up gently placed him on the chariot and picked Clint up, also placing him onto the chariot.

Clint stared at Percy expectantly, and Percy stared back clueless. Rolling his eyes, Clint commanded, "Dry me, Mermaid!" 

"It's Merman. They get easily offended by that." Percy replied, touching Clint lightly on the shoulder to dry him.