Chapter 4

Emma took one look at the lines of patients in front of her and moaned.

No way, will I be allowed to leave before midnight

Her superior, pitifully looked at her and noticed her distress. As the youngest analyst, she was pampered by the rest of her colleagues; who were always extra nice to her.

"If you want, the rest of us can work these problems out," He said, "You can leave, it's almost 11:30 and you should go back home"

"Are you sure? I can stay a little late if you want." Fatigue was clearly evident from her voice as she asked the dreaded question.

Please say no, please say no

" Go home Emma! I'm pretty sure we can handle a flu outbreak", He chuckled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too late to buy the pumpkins, maybe tomorrow we can peacefully enjoy dinner.

She took out the spare key from her purse and put it inside the lock. Before she even turned it, the door opened and she stumbled backwards, startled. The visitor mumbled an apology and moved forward after giving Emma a cold smile. The man's face was shrouded by darkness and was not visible, however a chill went up Emma's spine from his presence.

I wonder why nona was meeting up with Mr. Creepy-dude?

"Nona!", She called out as she came inside, "You there?".

No reply came. A little spooked, she took tentative steps towards her grandmother's room and looked inside. Immediately, her eyes widened as she saw her grandmother, sprawled across the room, a knife blade sticking out of her chest.