Chapter 6

Brooklyn's POV

After Cheree texted me goodnight, I couldn't help but feel ecstatic that the party was at her place. I mean, I could finally have her alone, outside of school. See her room. Maybe even do some naughty things...

No, I wouldn't take her innocence. Not yet anyway. She was different from all those sluts. She was... amazing.

"Brooklyn Marie Jameson, you are in so much trouble." I heard my mother from my doorway. I turned my chair around and looked at her.

"You got suspended from cheer?! What the hell Brooke?!" my mother shrieked at me.

"Sorry, mom. But the girl deserved it. She shouldn't have hurt Cheree." I said matter of factly. My mother sighed, rubbing her temples.

"Honey, when are you going to give this up with Cheree? I know you really care about her, but you don't want to do anything about it," my mom said sympathetically. 

"I think I can't hide it anymore. I'm pretty sure I love her, and I've never even kissed her," I said.

She took a seat on the edge of my bed. "Brooke, honey, do what makes you happy. Put away that little act you have and act out on your feelings with her. Get her to know the real you — the kind-hearted, hopeless romantic that I know you're hiding in that heart of yours," she said with a smile, pointing at my heart. She gave me a kiss on my head and walked out the room.

I really, really had to change my ways. Well, only with Cheree. I wanted to kiss her adorable dimple, hold her tiny hands in mine, kiss her whenever I wanted, and cuddle her till she fell asleep. Most importantly, I just wanted her to be mine.

Cassie's POV

Great, my mother was back from her business trip. That meant more lecturing. Sometimes I wished they'd get a divorce so it would just be my pops and me.

"Cassidy, honey!" she said, making her way over to me, giving me a hug.

My mother and I looked nothing alike. She was short, had very light blonde curls that were cut just below her ears. I did have her wonderful eyes though. It drove the ladies nuts.

"Staying out of trouble I hope," she said sternly to me. "Any boys?!" she said, with hope in her eyes. "Mom, I already told you. I. Like. Girls," I said slowly. She scowled at me and got up to leave.

Yes, my mother was homophobic. It was annoying. I mean, I didn't even look straight. If I cut my hair, I would look like a teenage, muscular boy with tits.

"Cass, what'd you say to your mother? She's throwing a fit," my dad said, shaking his head. " I simply reminded her that I'm gay," I said plainly, taking a sip of my soda.

"She just wants grandbabies one day, Cassie," he said. 

"Well, I'll have them. With a woman," I replied matter-of-factly.

My dad laughed and said, "Well, I'm going to help my Mrs. unpack. Have a good night kiddo." He ruffled my hair and went upstairs. 

Kids... jeez. I was almost 18. Too young, mother. I got out my phone and re-read my texts with Cheree. I smiled and headed upstairs to bed.

I swear, that girl...

One day, I'll make her mine.