Dream Girls: Piper Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

"Why am I so nervous?" I asked, freaking out. My palms were sweating. "This isn't freaking funny. I think Moye is just, I don't know, different."

"Pipe, calm down. He is different, but I personally think it's a good thing. You need to step outside your box." Steph smiled.

"This coming from the freaking prom queen," I huffed. I had no idea where that had come from. The tongue lashing could only be explained by my freak out.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Seriously? You are the only one out of all three of us who's even been on a date since we've been here. Guys flock to you. No offense, Nic," I added, remembering she could hear me too.

"None taken."

"What are you talking about?" Stephanie asked. "You've gone to a couple of places with Sean. Don't think I haven't noticed, and spare me with the dramatic prom queen excuse."

"What?" Nicole looked flabbergasted. "You went out with Sean? The cook at work? I thought you were just considering it."

"We hooked up a couple of times. That's it." I argued.

"How do you do that, Pipe? Have sex, but not date?" Nicole questioned.

Bless her, she just didn't get it.

"Nic, it's simple. He's hot. He thinks I'm hot. I know he won't commit, he knows I won't, and we both want to get laid."

"You're so crude. I just don't get it. At what point did you become so jaded?"

"It probably started at birth, when my dick of a dad made a young impressionable fifteen- year-old-girl believe he could love her forever, until she got knocked up—then, forever ended up being two weeks."

"Smartass." Steph grinned.

"I still believe in the fairy tale," Nic said.

"You do that, Nic. Your Edward Cullen is out there somewhere." I laughed.

"You're such are a smartass!"

"Ooh, Nic cussed!" Steph and I snickered. Before we could badger her anymore, the doorbell rang.

"He's here. How do I look?"

"Beautiful." Nic grinned.

"Gorgeous," Steph added.

"Thanks."

I decided on a green strapless baby-doll dress with a gold belt to cinch my waist. I left my ears bare and wore a very small pendant necklace. It was the only jewelry I owned that was actually real. My hair was pulled into a low slung side-ponytail. I didn't want to be too casual because I didn't know what we were doing or where we were going.

I opened the door to a smiling Moye. He seemed happy all the time. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

I took the time to really look him over. I started at his black boots and worked my way to up his Wranglers, which, were distressed in all the right places. The knees looked worn out, and the pockets on them were faded a little lighter than the rest. I didn't want to be staring at his crotch, but I noticed it was quite worn there as well. These jeans were definitely not your average dad jeans. His black and white plaid shirt was only tucked in the front, just enough to barely see his belt buckle. He had his sleeves rolled up to his elbow, which let me examine his strong, tan forearms.