Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-five

Nathaniel left the vampire and went to a bar to pretend to be a human man who has lost all one can imagine but is tired of it now. As soon as he walked in he noticed the blond bar keeper, she was pretty and seeing the engagement ring on her finger didn’t keep him away from letting out his charm. The bar was full of losers as any small bar in Paris. Nathaniel was the best dressed and seemed to the youngest man there, he ordered beer and drank it as he was in a beer advertisement. The men who were there looked at him in a strange way; they didn’t seem to like guys who show off.  The bar tender noticed that Nathaniel was checking her out and she kindly smiled at him and he felt like he already.

“Oh please don’t tell me you drink beer.”-Nathaniel heard a woman complain right behind him, he turned around and was surprised to see a very beautiful with black curly hair and blue eyes. 

“Constanza, is it you?”-He asked gasping. 

“Yes, you didn’t change much as expected. Mind giving me a drink?”-Constanza answered with coldly. 

“Beer?”-Nathaniel asked and felt like a jerk.

“Not beer, where is your pride?”-Constanza said almost disgusted.

“There was a time that you didn’t care about that. I never expected you to show up in my town.”-Nathaniel set clear and ordered another beer ignoring that the lady wanted a drink.

“Fine, you want to talk about Madrid one hundred years where you said you don’t love me and never want to see me again?”-Constanza whispered and faked to be hurt.

“Well much better than you just disappearing with no notice.  I think you still remember when we first met and I believed we had a great relationship.”-Nathaniel answered as if he didn’t care.

“I do remember, it was on your 24th birthday and you were so pure and innocent. I was the first woman you ever loved and we were together for a year but you know why I left. And I already apologized for that.”-Constanza stated and ordered a glass of rum.  

“Well know that I think about it, it was good you left and was attacked only to become what I’m now.”-Nathaniel said completely found of himself. 

“And ever since then you use people and strive for power.”-Constanza answered determined.

“I have been alive for four hundred and seventy years its time I get what I deserve.”-Nathaniel said in a cool tone as if that was his only concern.

“Typical, you still more than you can claim.”-Constanza stated.

“And I hoped you were dead.”-Nathaniel said dry.

“I can’t die I’m immortal.”-Constanza stated.

“Oh what a surprise, I’m immortal too.”-Nathaniel answered sarcastic.

“Oh no, you are undead, that’s different.”-Constanza answered almost insulted.

“Oh right, you think you are so much better than me only because you are a celestial being.”-Nathaniel answered trying to piss Constanza off.

“I don’t compel people and use them for my own benefits. And on top of all I don’t drink their blood to survive.”-Constanza said defending herself and showed off with her pride.

“Wow, that sounds like a very nasty fellow but you too use people. By the way I have feelings which means that I’m practically still human, which you never were. A stone has more feelings than you. So I guess I’m better than you.”-Nathaniel stated.