Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Tess was a girl with yellow eyes and long hair that almost reached her knees, it was dyed dark violet. Her make-up: long red false eyelashes, cobwebs drawn on her eye-lids and a dark red lipstick. Her skin was almost as pale as a bleached paper. Her clothes were gothic. She was 20 years old, with a look of a 13 year old, her face was very beautiful but her make-up was a shocking sight to look at. She was studying Ancient Religions at college and had a special interest in Hinduism; especially she admired the goddess of after life, Kali.

On campus she was known to everyone as "The Freak", no one knew her name or talked to her. All they did was stare at her. She was always alone and only talked with professors from her curses. Pinkie saw her on  the way to the library; she wanted to look after Fred and Annie.

She noticed Tess but thought nothing unexpectedly Tess stopped her. "You are Pinkie Mikes, right?"Tess said with cold gaze.

Pinkie was irritated didn't know how to react, she's been trying hard not to have any prejudices on The Freak ever since she saw her the first time on campus.

She took a deep breath and replied"Yes, I'm. Why? Who are you?" "Sorry, I scared you. My name is Tess Ashore."Tess smiled and offered her right hand for a handshake.

Pinkie ignored it and asked"You don't mind if I call you Tess, right?" "Of course not, please. May I also call you Pinkie?"Tess said smiling kindly but it seemed unnatural.

"Hmm, ye....yes"-Pinkie mummbled. 

Tess suggested taking Pinkie to a lonely bench which was hidden in the rose garden, no one could see them, only the green border of trimmed trees. They sat there in silence and Pinkie had no idea went on.

Tess opened the conversation making sure she had Pinkie's attention,"I have been receiving strange vibes among you and your friends, Annie and Fred."she said slowly and with caution as if she wanted to taste every word before it left her mouth.

Pinkie was irritated."What exactly do you mean? I don't understand vague freaky stuff. Speak clear and tell me what's going on."she said not being able to look into Tess  the eyes.

"You think I'm a freak?"Tess asked surprised.

"I think you don't care what the world thinks of you and don't seem to need anyone in your life either. Your look is scary."Pinkie said defensively. 

Tess laughed as if Pinkie had just said the funniest joke in history, she smiled at Pinkie and coldly said"You might be right, Pinkie but let's leave me aside now and talk about the vibes I receive."

"What are you? A fortuneteller or a medium? I don't believe in such things." Pinkie said almost wanting to get up and ran off but something made her stay, it felt like she was tied to the bench, she couldn't move a muscle.

"It doesn't matter what I'm or not. I said leave me aside."Tess was fierce.

Pinkie's ears where very attentive but her tongue was numb and she couldn't open her mouth, she was breathing hard and her heart raced as it would jump out of her chest every second.

"There is a witch among you; she united what was never meant with an awful trick. She fulfilled Annie's deepest desire, although your friend would have never snatched anything away from you. Fred's heart actually belongs to you and he knows that. You think Annie suffers seeing you two, so lovely. Wrong it fulfills her heart with joy because you and Fred are the most important people in her life. What Mimi, did is only the start of her plans. She wants Brat and for that she'll need the help of a dead person." Tess said in a warning tone.