Tragedy

"What do you mean 'first kiss'?" She asked nervously. "Like...with a girl?"

"No!" I shouted, and crawled back a few feet. "First ever!"

"Are you--oh my god you are serious!" She said quickly and cursed at herself, and picked at something under her sleeve. She better not be picking at cuts. I stood up and put my right hand on my forehead. I sighed and leaned against the brick wall beside me.

"Senia?" She asked quietly.

"What?!" I snapped. She jumped and just stood there, awkwardly. "Look. This has never, ever happened to me. I've never kissed anyone. Now my first kiss is gone. Just down the drain because of..." I looked at her and saw the look in her eyes. It looked like she was...hurt.

"Wait..." I said quietly. "You asked if I was disgusted of...what you were." She nodded quickly, and wiped a tear from her eye. "What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious?" She asked, and I shook my head slowly. "You must not be very--never mind. I'm--I like girls."

"Soooo...you're gay?" I said and she just gave me a blank stare.

"To put it bluntly, yes." She replied, with slight anger in her voice.

"Why are you running then? Why are you afraid?" I asked her, and she gave me another blank stare. "What? I'm not gay, so I don't know. What's so scary?"

"The fact that I can't find the right person. The relationships I've been in...I don't feel attraction. Do you know what it's like to try over and over but not feeling a single thing? People call me a freak." She freaked out. I saw a few tears falling from her eyes, and I felt sympathy for her.

"I do know what that feels like." I replied. "I've never been attracted to guys. One boyfriend, with no attraction." I told her and scratched behind my ear. I started walking out of the alleyway, and started thinking about what just happened. I kissed a girl.

No...a girl kissed me.

And...

...

...

I enjoyed it?

What!? My brain basically shouted.

Did I really...enjoy kissing Mercedes?

She was a nice girl, but I don't kiss girls.

I don't like girls.

That's just not...me!

Before I was able to call a taxi, I felt someone's arm on my shoulder.

"What do you--" I started shouting, but it wasn't Mercedes who grabbed me. "Aika?! Kass?!" I was surprised to see my two fraternal twin sisters standing right in front of me. I hugged them tightly, and followed them to their car. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them excitedly.

"We're here to see you!" Kasumi said. "Plus, it's been almost a whole year!" She told me in her high pitched feminine voice. Her near pure white blonde hair was in a tight ponytail, and she was wearing a LuLuLemon sweatshirt and some tight leggings. She was basically the most stereotypical white girl. I bet she had a Starbucks earlier today.

Aika, on the other hand, was exactly like me. She loved having fun with friends at the bar, playing games, and being really active. Her rough, curly brown hair was behind her back, and it reached the small of her back. She was wearing an off-shoulder top and ripped jeans, with grey Supra High Top shoes. We were basically best friends. We used to never leave each other's side when we were young.

"So, Kass, how're you and James?" I asked my sister, who was sitting in the passenger seat. She smiled and shook her head.

"We divorced two months ago. He was a dick." She told me, and I nodded understandingly. "How're you and Jason doing?" She asked me, and I laughed.

"We're only neighbours." I told them, and Aika braked quickly in the middle of an intersection because of pedestrians and I hit my head on the back of Kasumi's seat. I looked to my left and saw headlights speeding toward our car. A large metallic screeching noise rang in my ears, my body shot to the right, and smashed my head into the opposite window.

I fell on the floor between the back seat and the front seat and felt the car lift off of the ground. When the car hit the ground again, I was launched up toward the roof, and then it rolled over multiple times. I hit my head on the door, the roof, the seats, and the centre console multiple times.

When the car stopped, I was laying on the street, facing the car. Using all of my strength, I reached out with my arm and tried crawling toward the upside down vehicle, but soon, everything went black.
[-][-][-]
I woke up in a hospital room feeling extremely groggy, and pain in every part of my body. A few seconds after I woke up, a nurse walked into my room and changed the bag that was on the stand thing. I made a small moaning noise, and she looked at me with a surprised look in her eyes.

She walked out of the room quickly and brought a doctor, who had a shocked look on his face. He walked up to my bed, and pulled a light from his chest pocket. He shined it in my eyes for a few seconds, and then moved it slowly from left to right. My eyes followed it.

He gently grabbed my arm with his right hand, and put his left hand behind my back. He gently pulled and tried to get me to sit up. I got halfway before moaning in pain, and he immediately set me down. I slowly shook my head, and he tried once more. This time, I was able to sit up fully, and stayed sitting up.

"Can you speak?" He asked, and I tried opening my mouth, and I barely managed to say yes. "Good. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" He asked, and I said yes once more. "Okay. You've healed almost fully. Let's try taking off this bandage."

He grabbed a small white material and unwrapped it from around my head. When he was finished, he grabbed a mirror and showed it to me. I saw my reflection, and my eyes widened immediately. The left side of my face was perfectly fine, but the right side was littered with small cuts. I touched my face and winced at the pain and sensitivity.

"You were...in a severe car accident...that nearly killed you. It has been...six weeks since the accident. I believe you are safe to leave." The doctor told me, and I tried getting off of the bed. He stopped me, and took out some needles and put bandages on where they used to be.

I got up, left the room and nervously walked toward the receptionist's desk. I was still in immense pain and could barely walk without limping. "May I see Aika Raymond or Kasumi Raymond?" I asked her, and she checked some files.

"Room 203." The receptionist said.

I navigated through the hospital and found room 203.

It had two people in it.

But only one was a patient.