Chapter Twelve.

Ladies and Gentlemen, If the link works I present Ivan....aka Ian Somerhalder.

Wolf rode to his apartment first, switching from his bike to his beat up old truck. Morgan would most likely have bags and they wouldn't be able to take much with them on the bike. He drove to the hospital and went inside to get her, finding her still beside Iris in the ICU.

"I'm here to take you to your place," He said gently.

Without a word she stood from the chair and leaned over to kiss Iris on the forehead. The sleeping child didn't stir and Morgan hesitated a minute before turning around and walking out the door. Wolf followed.

She didn't say a word as they rode in the elevator to the ground floor, or as they walked to the car, the drive to her apartment was silent as well. He considered asking her if she was okay but decided against it. Even the ride to her floor was silent.

"I'll just be a minute," She said as they entered her apartment.

"Take your time and pack stuff to take to the club when Iris gets out."

For once in the years since he'd known her she didn't argue. She went into the living room and he followed as far as the door way, leaning against the wall he watched her begin picking up selected toys from the floor.

He wasn't sure what happened, one minute she was picking up toys and the next she dropped to her knees and let out a terribly cry. He jumped and she double over, the dam finally breaking and the sobs taking over her body. He hesitated a minute before rushing around the couch and dropping to his knees next to her and pulling her into his arms.

She went willingly, burying her face against his chest and almost instantly soaking his shirt with her tears. Her small frame shook so hard he was sure he could hear her teeth chatter and he squeezed her a little tighter.

"Shh, calm down." He urged.

"I....I....I can't." She wailed, her breathing so erratic he was scared.

"Morgan, it's okay."

She shook her head against this chest and sobbed harder, if that was possible. He winced, he didn't know what to do for her. Carefully he maneuvered them onto the couch so she would be more comfortable.

"It's all my fault, I'm a terrible mother." She said.

"No, you're not. It's not your fault."

"Do you know what her life has been like? She has no father, no grandparents, no family other than me and look where I got her, shot."

She burst into heavier sobs, face pressed against him. He turned his head to rest his chest on the crown of her head. He didn't know the story of Iris's father or grandparents so he tried the only thing he could think of.

"Iris has uncles, tons and they love her. Lacy, Zeke, Ty, Demon...they all think she's great. She's a good kid, she's not lacking anything."

"She should have had a better life, I should have given her more."

He didn't say anything, figured there wasn't a point and it was best just to let her vent. When she finally pulled away and wiped her eyes she looked like a mess.

"I was going to be someone, you know?" She asked with a small sniff.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I was going to school a good one too."

"You know, I don't think you've ever really told me where he father is. Or your mother that you speak about, you woke up in my bed crying for your mama and I don't know why."