Chapter Eighteen.

Morgan lay in the large bed her body pressed snugly up against Wolf's, her head resting on his chest his chin on top of her head, his fingers lightly trailing up and down her bare arm.

"I should go," She said softly.

"You should stay here."

"Iris might wake up."

He didn't say anything but dropped a kiss on her forehead and one on her ear for good measure. She didn't make any move to get up despite her claims of needing too, instead she snuggled closer to his side. She enjoyed the warmth of his body a little too much, the safety of his arms.

He leaned leaned up onto his side, placing a kiss on the curve of her neck, her shoulder and then kissed his way down her arm to her palm.

"You could stay just another hour or two," He said, kissing his way back up her arm,

"I shouldn't."

"Come on, another hour won't hurt. I promise, it will feel quite the opposite" His kisses trailed to behind her earlobe, his hand stroking her bare hip and his long fingers spanning down her thigh.

He was making a mounting protest and she was losing the will to say no. His hand had just started a torturous journey north when they were interrupted.

A gentle knock sounded on the wooden doors, Wolf let out a deep grown and buried his face in her neck.

"Ignore it, maybe they'll do away." He said softly.

When no other sounds came he began sucking gently on the sensitive skin where her neck met her shoulder. She gripped his bare shoulders, her fingernails digging in. She bit her lower lip to try and stifle a gasp.

Another knock came on the door this one slightly more insistent.

"Mr. Wolf?" A tiny voice called.

"Yeah?" He called, not rolling off of Morgan.

"It's Iris, I can't find my mommy. I had a bad dream."

He laughed a little and placed a soft kiss on Morgans nose, then rolled out of the large bed. He grabbed a pair of sweat pants off the floor and pulled them on, then tossed Morgan a pair of boxers and a t-shirt.

"Put those on," He said.

She sat up in the bed and began tugging on the shirt and boxers. He reached the door and pulled on a t-shirt, glancing back at her before pulling open the door.

"You know what? Your mommy is in here."

"She is?" Iris asked.

He moved aside to let the child into the room, she wasted no time in climbing into the king sized bed and heading for Morgan.

"Mommy did you have a bad dream too?"

"Yeah.....uh.....sure."

Wolf closed the door and started back towards the bed, just as Morgan slid to the edge preparing to leave the room.

Iris, wasted no time and without preamble or invitation climbed to the top of the bed and began pulling up the covers over herself.

"Come on Iris," Morgan said.

"No, I think we should both stay here."

"No, Mr. Wolf needs his sleep."

"He don't mind, do you?" Iris asked, looking up at him.

"No, of course not. I think it's a great idea."

Iris smiled happily and turned to fluff a pillow to her liking. Morgan hesitated a minute or two but Wolf was already climbing in the bed on the other side of Iris.

"She tends to kick a lot in her sleep," Morgan said.

"I'm sure I've had worse."

He turned his back on her and Iris to switch out the light, plunging the room into darkness. She could already hear her tiny daughter snoring softly.

Morgan lifted her legs to slide under the blankets as well and leaned back against the soft pillows. Iris snuggled a little closer to her mother and Morgan smiled in the dark, glad to have her baby back by her side and not in a hospital.

Despite all the trepidation she had about being involved with Wolf she couldn't deny that he was amazing with Iris, or that laying in bed with him a few inches away was the safest she had ever felt in her life. He may be the most dangerous man she knew but he wouldn't let anyone else hurt her or her daughter.

It wasn't long until his breathing evened out with sleep and fatigue began to set it, her eyelids grew heavy and she too fell asleep.

"Mommy, wake up. Wake up mommy."

Morgan opened her eyes to see Iris kneeling next to her in bed, the sun pouring in the windows and lighting the room.

"Morning," Morgan said with a smile.

"I'm hungry."

"Okay," Morgan said sitting up.

She instinctively look to her left, Wolf was gone. She glanced around the room for a minute or two before hearing the shower running.

"Mr. Wolf went for a shower," Iris said importantly.

"I see, let's go eat."

Morgan slide from the bed and lifted Iris into her arms, carrying her towards the door just as there was a knock. Morgan froze, she wasn't ready for anyone to know about her and Wolf. She decided not to answer it, Iris had other ideas.

"Who is it?" Iris called.

"Uh......Zeke...."

Iris squirmed until Morgan had no choice but to put her down and then rushed to open the door. She beamed up at the older man who looked surprised to see her.

"We had a sleepover!" Iris said.

"I see that," He replied, glancing at Morgan.

She felt suddenly under-dressed standing there in a pair of Wolf's boxers and a t-shirt. Her hair was a loose, mess. She opened her mouth to speak just as the bathroom door opened and Wolf walked out, wearing only a loose gray pair of sweatpants.

"Zeke, what's going on?" He asked as he crossed the room.

"Is it okay if Ty or I take Becky to an interview thing?" Zeke asked, sounding disgusted with the entire thing.

"Fine."

Wolf reached his dresser and when he turned his back on them the scratches that Morgan had left down his muscular back were visible. If Zeke noticed he didn't say anything and Morgan was grateful for that. Wolf pulled on a shirt and she was somewhat disappointed by that.

"Let's get you fed," He said lifting Iris into his arms.

She smiled happily and didn't protest to his holding her. He didn't even glance at Morgan as he made his way out the hallway with her daughter. She stood frozen in the doorway for a second with Zeke.

"What......was that?" She asked.

She was horrified that everyone would now know about her and Wolf, not only was she somewhat ashamed of spending the night with him so easily but she wasn't sure she was ready for everything this would entail.

"That was Wolf taking the power and making a claim."

"A claim on what?" She asked.

"You."