Chapter Five

~Destiny~

(Before the car accident)

I was with Logan in the mall. We went to an ice cream store and we got ice cream. But since I had already gotten ice cream today, I wasn't complaining.

Ice cream is ice cream.

I was looking at the menu when he asked me a question.

"So, how old are you?" He asks and I smiled a bit.

"I am eighteen. What about you?" I asked and he smiled.

"I'm twenty." He said and I nodded. Good, he isn't like a thirty-year-old pervert.

"That's cool," I said and I looked back at the menu.

This place had so many flavors. Mint chocolate chip, coffee, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, swirl. They had everything! And a flavor called dirt. I read the description for that one and it said that it was chocolate ice cream with Oreo cookies and gummy worms in it.

I immediately gained interest.

Once the waiter came over to us to take our order, I smiled politely at him.

"I'll have a waffle cone with three scoops of dirt." I smiled sheepishly and he chuckled but put in my order.

"I'll have a cone with two scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough." He said and the waiter smiled at us and put in the orders.

"That'll be $8.64." The waiter said and Logan handed him a ten-dollar bill.

"Keep the change," Logan said and the waiter smiled politely and thanked us. We then waited for our ice cream.

"So..." He said and I giggled a bit.

"So..." I said and we both laughed a bit.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're very beautiful?" He asked and I looked down and blushed, hoping thy my hair would cover my face.

"Not really, but I have heard it from a few people. And my parents. But then again, parents say that to their daughters anyways to make them feel special." I laughed a bit and he chuckled.

"Well, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." He said and grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed again and lowered my head so he couldn't see my blush.

I muttered a thank you to him and blushed a bit more.

"You're welcome Destiny." He smiled at me and when I looked into his blue and yellow eyes, I saw admiration in them. I smiled back and when our ice cream came to us we left the store.

While we were walking around we were talking and asking each other more questions to get to know one another.

"Okay, so, what is your favorite animal?" He asked.

"I love wolves. What about you?"

"Same. There's something about them that makes them look so free and alive." He said and I smiled.

"They're beautiful," I said as I threw away my napkin that I got with my ice cream.

"So I'm guessing you're a senior?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm really sad about being a senior though. I don't want to graduate. Just the thought of not seeing my friends for years devastates me and I love my school. Our mascot is a wolf and when I first heard about this, I was dying to get in. And I was lucky that I did, as well as Dakota. Her sister Layla got in because Dakota was already in. But nonetheless, the school is great and everyone is very relaxed." I smiled as I recall memories from school.

"That sounds awesome. What's the school called?" He asks and looks very intrigued.

"Forest High. Which is very ironic because it's right next to the forest." I giggled and he chuckled.

"It must be beautiful looking out the window and seeing the forest. Seeing bunnies and deer and all those creatures." Logan said with interest.

"Yeah, it is. I once saw a baby deer stand for the first time and it was so cute! He fell over the first time but then his mama pushed him up and he winked, but then slanted himself and started jumping around and he looked so happy!" I said and giggled at the memory. Logan chuckled and he leaned down and kissed my cheek. I froze for a second and once I realized that he kissed my cheek, I could feel the heat rushing to my face. I looked down and had my hair cover my face. I started to smile and I kept rethinking what had just happened.

He kissed my cheek.

He kissed my cheek.

Oh my god, he kissed my cheek!

I was really happy and giddy from then on. We then went to Starbucks for some coffee.

"So what would you like?" Logan asked and I looked up at the menu.

Ugh, so many choices...

My train of thought was cut off when my phone rang.