Chapter Six

~Dakota~

'Why is Sean here?'

'Who cares! That's our ticket out of here!'

'But I care! My mate is down there!'

'But our dad is more important! He's probably worried sick!'

'Oh... Alright. But promise to come back here?'

'Hell no.'

'Why the fuck not?'

'He was going to keep up captive here. He's an asshole. End of story.'

I shut her out after that. I was not going to listen to her or her stupid reasoning. I was not staying here and that was final.

"Dakota Cheyenne Kennedy and Layla Denise Kennedy get your assess down here now!"

Our cats couldn't say no to him. They were frightened and they immediately obeyed his command. We jumped down from the tree and slowly made our way towards him with our ears back and tail tucked. He looked furious, and then I smelled something that was supposedly familiar.

"Sean, it's fine. Thank you, son." My father said as he walked around from the other side of the house.

"How did none of you sense their presence or smell them?!" My mate asks furiously.

"Werecats have a gene so that their scents only can be detected when they want them to be. Unlike you werewolves that stink up the place." As my father said this, my mate went in for the kill. I ran in front of my father and growled menacingly at him. He was not getting to my father. Not on my watch.

"Step out of the way little mate." I once again growled and started moving towards him. He started to back up and I let out a roar that got him off his feet and onto his ass.

"Impossible," Sean says.

"Did she really just do that?" A pack member asked.

"That's my little girl." My dad says.

That proud father moment only lasted those five seconds.

"Wait. Little mate? Hell no! My daughter will not be the mate of some wolf. She'd be better off with a human."

"How dare you insult me!"

"How dare you take my children from me!"

"Go back to your wife old man!"

And then it was silent. My father stumbled backward and stuttered.

"See, the old man can't even talk." They pushed him to the ground. I once again growled.

"Shut her up." They tried to touch me but Sean stepped in front of me, grabbed the alpha's face with his palm, and we all watched as eyes glazed over. My mates eyes grew wide as he saw the scene unfold. What was going on?