Chapter Ten

~Jax~

I growled angrily, waiting for someone to start speaking.

"Does father know you're here?" They just lowered their heads more. I growled and got up from my seat with Dakota started to pace.

"Someone better start speaking or else I will become pissed." I felt Ryder start to come out. Dakota tried to calm me down but it wasn't helping much. Ace, Jacob's father, cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Jax, where do you want us to start?" Dakota growled.

"Why did you three kill my mother?" Dakota spoke up Ace sighed and rubbed his face.

"You know your father, Jax. Jackson is very unreasonable and he doesn't give a damn about anyone. Not even his own mate. Hell, he beats anyone who doesn't agree with him. So, when he found out that there was a werecat walking around near his land, he took unnecessary action." Ace paused and took in a shaky breath. Jordan, Logan's father, then took over.

"He had said that she was too much of a risk, saying things that she would try and kill people in the pack, that it would come for the children. He said our main priority was to kill the cat before we would worry about rouges. He said he had already received anonymous threats and that he knew that it was from the werecat. When we questioned him about the authenticity of that claim, he killed the old Beta for even saying such a thing. For questioning him." Jordan sighed and rubbed his face.

"Wait, we weren't the first Beta's?" Jacob asked his father and he shook his head. Jacob sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So, then what?" Dakota was already silently crying.

"Well, Jackson decided to track her down. We didn't know if she had a mate or children at the time, and decided that we couldn't end up dead ourselves because our mates would die and they were all pregnant." Jacob gets cut off by Layla.

"She has a fucking family of her own. Didn't your fucking Alpha take that into consideration?" Layla seethed in anger as Jacob tried calming her down.

"We tried asking him that, and to consider maybe just talking to her about staying off his land, but he wouldn't allow it." Jordan sighed and Riley was getting very uncomfortable.

"So, that's when the chase happened and you guys killed her," Sean spoke up, on the verge of tears. Jordan and Ace lowered their heads. Ace sighed and spoke without looking up.

"I saw you two, you know. I could smell you guys and I looked out of the corner of my eye and just saw you two crying. At that moment I knew she was your family. I didn't say anything to Jackson because I knew he would've killed you too." Ace started to cry and Jordan patted his back. Riley got up and went to the kitchen, probably to cool down. I rubbed Dakota's back and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. Destiny was also silently crying and Sean was just angry the entire time. All of a sudden Dakota looks up and Buttercup surfaces.

"Train me." She growled and everyone looked up at her.

"What?" I was very confused and had no idea what she was talking about.

"Train me to kill him." I stuttered and shivered. I don't want my mate to become some killing machine.

"I will, but you need to promise me something." Dakota gained control and then waited for my response.

"Promise me you will never turn into the monster that he is." She nodded and I shook my head.

"I need to hear it." She sighed and looked me in the eyes.

"I promise not to become a monster." I nodded and sighed. Sean then left to go to the kitchen.

~Sean~