Chapter 30

SOUNDTRACK:

I Wanna- The all american rejects

[ALEX]

It's Valentine's Day! Today is the day I finally go on a date with Scarlett. It's been two weeks since I asked for Skys' number and now it's Valentine's Day. I can't believe how quickly senior year is winding down. Next week it'll be spring break. Not literally of course and then, bam! Graduation. It's only a matter of time before I'm gone.

"You can take a seat on the couch, Mr Follese," Scarlett dad gestures towards the couch.

Scarlett comes down the stairs and waves briefly. She looks absolutely stunning.

"Hi, Scarlett." I smile.

"Hi Alex, I'm almost ready okay?"

"So, Alex.." His dad takes a seat across from me. " How did you meet Scarlett?"

"She's in four of my classes. Plus, I was talking about how I'm going to Carnegie for Psychology, which turned out to be that she was too."

Her dad nods. "Do you like Scarlett?"

Do I like Scarlett? I'm pretty sure I do. I mean, I find myself wanting to talk to her all the time.

"I do," I mumble nervously.

"Dad stop scaring my date." Scarlett frowns. Her dad and I stand up at the same time. This is almost as awkward as calling Sky's parents my parents. Almost.

Scarlett grabs my hand and pulls me out the front door.

"It was nice to meet you, Alex," her dad extends his hands and I shake it briefly. The front door shuts and I sigh briefly.

"I'm so bad with parents," I mumble. Scarlett shakes her head and kisses me on the cheek.

"I think you're amazing," she smiles.

"You're so nice, it hurts," I laugh nervously.

When we get in the car, Scarlett puts her seat belt on. "So where are we going?"

"The park."

"The park?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Do I get food?"

"Yes."

"Sounds like fun!" Thank god. Sky probably would've just wanted the food.

**

Scarlett tosses a grape and I catch it with my hand.

"Toss one to me, Alex."

"Bad idea," I laugh. I grab a grape and toss it towards her. Instead of landing in her hand, it hits her nose. I immediately move towards her and start apologizing. Scarlett just starts laughing really hard.

"Alex!" She yells.

"Oops, sorry!" I can't help but start laughing too.

"You're sorry you hit my nose with a grape?" She frowns.

"Yeah?"

"Don't apologize."

"I'm sorry, I'm just used to apologizing to Sk-" I sit back and close my eyes. I regret saying that.

"To who?"

"Sky," I sigh. She nods, but she keeps smiling.

"I know you love her, Alex. And if you end up going back to her, I won't be the least bit offended. I want you to be happy," She scoots forward and puts her arms around me.