EPILOGUE

SOUNDTRACK : 3000 miles- Emblem3

The cold wind nips at my cheeks as I make my way down the driveway. I the sun has rise and everything is now bright. I've never wake up this early when it's Saturday.

But today, it's going to be different than any other day.

I recalled back all the things we did back in a few weeks ago, the stupid fight, the cheesy moment and the goofiness things that we did to make fun of each other. Despite the fact that I thought he wouldn't stand me anymore after all the mean things I did to him. He never gives up. God, I will never get enough of him, is he really leaving?

I see him standing at the end of the driveway carrying all of his stuff in a box to place it in the bonnet. When he saw me in distance, his back up against his mom's car. With a heavy sigh I walk toward him.

"Hey," I half whisper without even realizing my voice come out in that way. Other reason is I don't want his mom to see me here. But that doesn't really matter right now.

"Hey, Sky." I can tell he's trying to lighten the surrounding but we both know this is too hard to handle.

"I can't believe you're leaving." I saw him look at me briefly before looking back down at his feet. He's been crying.

"Yeah. I'll be back sooner than you think. I'll text you all the time. And I'll come see you whenever I have free time. I'll still be my annoying self all time."

"This mean everything is going to change between us, isn't it?"

"What makes you think like that?" he gave me a dejected look. Disapproving the thing that I've just said.

"Alex, I don't know what to say," I huff. "You're leaving and that's it."

Alex shakes his head. "That doesn't mean we're over, Sky." Or does it going to be?

"Alex..." I sigh trying to hold the tears. "I promise, I will always love you, okay?" He nods his head in agreement. I see there's a light of hope in his eyes.

"I love you too and I'm not ready to say goodbye though." Alex puts his hands over his face and I can hear him sniffle underneath his hand.

"Me too," I tug his arm, " I wish we could turn back time."

I pull on his arm a little more, trying to get him to take his hand off his face.

"I'm trying to kiss you, you idiot," I mumble. Alex half laughs, half sniffle as he lowers his hand away from his face. I put my arms around his waist and kiss him once on the cheek.

"Cheek kisses, Skylar? Are we in first grade?" Alex huffs. Alex's frown turns into a half-smile as I roll my eyes. Alex cups my cheek and kisses me on the lips. His lips form a smile and I'm trying to hold back my want to laugh at hm. Even if we do break up in the end, I will never love this idiot any less.

Alex moves his head away and starts giggling like a child.

"What is so funny?" I whine. "Is it my breath? I swear, it was only cheese pizza."

"You ate pizza for breakfast? But no, not that," he shakes his head. "I never thought I'd see the day where Skylar Thomson would be kissing Alex Follese."

"Really?" I huff folding my arms. Then I remember something. I took the CD from my backpack and hand it to him.

"I've made you a playlist. It's my favourite. Not to be romantic but when you listen to it and you'll remember all the things from the start."

"That's romantic, Sky."

At first I thought he was about to take a picture when he took his phone out of his pocket. Instead, he started to write something and my phone immediately vibrate in my pocket.

Alex : Hi

Me: Hi?

Alex ❤: I like you a lot

I smiled. I can't believe he still remember the first time he texted me.

Me: Isn't that too straight forward?

Alex ❤: Shit, sorry

Alex ❤: Let's rewind

Alex ❤: I think I'm in love with you.

Me: I'm in love with you too, always

"Alex, we have to go now." I didn't know his mom was there watching us. She gave me that annoying stare but I could careless.

For the last time, Alex pulls me into a hug and kiss me tenderly as a goodbye. For a second I almost jump when I thought he wanted to grab my bum, then I feel his hand shoving something inside of my back pocket.

"I'll be seeing you sooner, Sky. I love you."

"I love you, Alex." I said and watching every step he takes to get inside of the car. I stood still watching the car disappear in sight and at this moment I let as much tears slipped on my face, I don't even care to shred it off.

I took the piece of folded paper out of my pocket and unfolded it. Then I see a messy hand writing of Alex saying;

I'll be dreaming of a place called home

I smile at it, for now I've learned that the waiting will always worth. I'm willing to wait for him since the beginning. People may tell me that teenagers was too young to believe in true love but that is just a person perspective. If we were meant for each other, whenever our souls are made of his and mine are fucking same.

-THE END-