Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Ash POV) 

So, today seems normal. I'm running away from the same teacher who insists on telling me about my uniform and as usual, I shrug him off and run to my class. I'm actually kind of curious as to how Gabriel's going to act today. I walked into the class and sat in my same seat, next to Alex, who was gossiping as usual with the guys. I swear they act like a bunch of girls sometimes.  I only caught bits and pieces of their conversation, but the thing that caught my attention was what Alex said next.

 "I heard Declan got her number yesterday," Alex said sadly.

"No, I heard Declan gave her his number," Some random guy I didn't know or cared to knows spoke up.

"Either way, he is going to get her number somehow," Alex whined. I shook my head at them.

"Well, what do expect? Half of the guys in the school are after her, you're just too slow," I told him, putting my head down. For some reason, I feel a little down after hearing that Declan and her were friends. I don't really care for Declan after what he did to Carey. I don't know exactly what happened, but I know she transferred schools and he, of course, blamed it on me. 

"Aww, Ash, you're just mad because she doesn't like you!" Alex said, grinning. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't really care if she likes me or not, it doesn't matter ," I grumbled back at him which in turn caused him to grin even more.

"You hear that, boys? Ash has finally come face to face with a girl who doesn't fall for her at first sight!" Alex shouted, causing the boys around us to roar with laughter.

"Shut up, Alex. She's straight anyway," I mumbled into my arm.

"And you know what that means. We all have a chance to get with her!" Alex stated more to himself, but the others heard him.

"Sweet!" there was a chorus of shouts on who can get her first. I again rolled my eyes at their foolishness.

"You guys know that she's not a piece a meat you can fight over!" Aly frowned at them, but they of course didn't pay her any mind before going back to argue over her.

"So did she speak to you after gym yesterday? It was pretty awkward during gym" Aly asked. 

"Nope, and I don't really care if she does or not. If that's how she wants to be, then fine. I just thought she wouldn't be the one to judge people," I stated looking at her. I've had my fair share of homophobes, this is nothing new which is why I never correct anyone when they mis-gender me.

"Maybe she was shocked." I rolled my eyes. She wasn't in shock.

"Yea, I thought the same thing last night, but then I thought, you can't be in shock for 3 hours," I sat up as Gabriel walked through the door looking as perfect as ever. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, as she got closer to her seat, which happened to be next to mine.

"Well, here is your chance to ask her," Aly said with a sly smile on her face

"Nope, I'm good. If she doesn't want to speak then I'm not going to speak," I huffed, crossed my arms and leaned back.

"Real mature, Ash," She rolled her eyes at me

"Well, she started it!" I mumbled. I turned away from her. I stared, well, more like glared at the chalkboard, ignoring Gabriel as she took her seat in between Alex and I, who immediately started to flirt with her.

(Gabriel POV)

 After thinking last night, I realized that I shouldn't have ignored Ash. I guess I can apologize today in class. I'm actually really nervous to go to first period, which is why I'm standing outside the door pacing back and forth wondering how I should approach her.