Seaglass

"Much better." Mamba sighs, stretching her wings and happily turning in a circle as waves of pale and vibrant pink wash over her red scales. Seaglass scrunches his snout at her, his eyes stinging.

"Even I haven't seen anything as bright as that." He grumbles at her, turning and staring at the squat staglamite above him that dripped forlornly into a puddle below. The dragonets had found a decent cave to rest in after much searching, and all seven were now squished inside. Seaglass just happened to be under Tempest's right wing, which stuck out like a lobster antenna. And, right beside a chilly fellow. Snowfall.

Seaglass deftly shivered and glanced outside, surprised to not see any shred of light. "What happened?" He asked Artemis, who had her head poked out of the cave entrance and was peering up at the sky.

"The sun moved behind the mountains." She states, frowning. "The whole place is completely dark except for a few feeble rays."

Seaglass perked his ears and smirked. "Rays? Like, stingrays? I didn't know they glowed."

Artemis rolled her eyes at him, but said nothing.

"Wait for it..." Seaglass thought.

"She meant sun rays, you daft polar bear." Snowfall snaps, covering his face with his wings as he lay down.

"Ah. There it is."

"Daft?" He says, opening and closing his pale wings. "Now that's something I've never heard before."

"I'm not surprised." Snowfall sneers. "Like reading bedtime stories provides you with such a good vocabulary. You Seawings aren't likely to know such words."

Seaglass holds a talon to his chest, genuinely offended. "Queen Coral provides great learning, thank you very much."

Snowfall didn't even look fazed. He didn't even seem to care.

"Come on now." Seaglass casts an arch look at the Icewing. "Break that shell of yours. There's feelings down there somewhere, right?" He thought back to when Snowfall and himself had been left. Alone, while the others searched for the tunnel that brought them here. Why could he laugh then and not now?

"Whatever, never mind." Snowfall mumbles, turning his spiky back towards the Seawing.

Seaglass fumed and made a silent promise to himself. "There's a good dragon down there. I know it. If I have to crawl in and drag him out myself, I will."

"Hey now, icy." Mamba shouts, glaring at Snowfall. "Quit brooding over there and come on. We're exploring the cave." She gave a quick flick of her tail to the looming and dark back, where the cave stretched farther out.

"And what's safe about that." The Icewing says, returning her glare.

"It's not safe." Mamba began, but switched her words. "It's for amusement, OK? While Artemis and Mudpuddle figure what out to do. Now let's go." She let chilly blue and white sweep over her scales like a surprise snowstorm. "Don't be a lump on a log, it'll be fun!"

Seaglass suddenly realized he wasn't supposed to be the quiet one. "Yeah!" Seaglass agrees, trotting over to where Mamba stands. "I'll light the way." He lit up a few spots on his tail and snout for an example.

"Ha. If only he knew what I just called him." The Seawing covered a smirk and ducked his head, the gold rings on his fins clinking.