Tempest

Tempest looked at the others as they gawked at Artemis and Apollo. She didn't understand their amazement, she could pretty much tell they were siblings already. It doesn't take a genius to. Part of her was quite proud of herself.

"I'll explain everything later." Apollo said, gesturing up to the canopy with his wing. "But right now we need to get out of this place." He muttered as he walked past the group. "And we have to get out fast. So don't mess around."

She thought about what Potent had said, "It's war now." She couldn't hide the fear and anguish on her face. She had already lost loved ones to a war. Tempest hoped she wouldn't lose any more.

Tempest found herself leaning into Potent as they walked, the Sandwing, while stoic, put a wing across her back.

"Thank you." She said quietly, and Potent lowered his head.

"Sure."

~~~~

"Geode, I know you're mad." Flare looked up to the hybrid. "But I'll have you know we did what we had to. Artemis and Apollo could've been killed, or arrived too late. The eclipse is today."

"I know the eclipse is today." Geode said, voice low.

When Geode realized the group was missing, he sent out a small search party. They were intercepted on their way back to the portal, much to their dismay.

Now... they were here. At the mercy of Geode.

"I'll have you know that what you did was extremely irresponsible." Geode muttered. "But.. I can't deny that at your age, I would've done the exact same thing." He nodded at Artemis and Apollo. "I'm glad you two are safe. As for the rest of you, I hope you wouldn't go behind my back again."

"Of course not." Seaglass blurted quickly, his tail lashing across the ground. "Never."

"Yes, never." Flare agreed, as well as the others with their hurried nods.

"We were just so worried." Tempest said. "I'm sorry, Geode, we all are."

Geode lowered his head with a sigh. "I'm afraid, my dragonets, we no longer have time to be idle. The eclipse, as you know, comes tonight. We must prepare for the fight of our lives."

Tempest intertwined her tail with Mambas as she stood beside her, both grimacing at the thought. She watched as Artemis lowered her head solemnly, and she worried about her friend.

"Take the others to meet with Daybreak and Archangel." Geode said to Flare and Seaglass. That made sense, since they had become devoted rogues within the past month. Tempest never imagined they would. Part of her wondered if they would stay once the war was over... If they won that is. She lifted her head, blinking repeatedly. She was getting distracted. "Daybreak is discussing our battle strategy with the rest of the Queens in the center mountain. Most of them have arrived already with their soldiers."

That was quite clear, as they had seen Crystalwing soldiers flying in near the wooded outcropping of the territory.

"Of course, Geode." Flare said, nodding to the others. Tempest smiled a little bit to herself as Flare reached out and touched his wing to Artemis's, who sheepishly looked down and took off into the air with him. Would she stay with Flare if he decided to continue being a rogue?

"So, what are you thinking about?" Potent suddenly says, making Tempest jump.

"What will exactly happen to us if we make it out of this alive." She said quickly, her voice catching, and the Sandwing furrowed his brow.

"Let's survive, and then we can worry about it. Come on."

He walked forward to take off into the air, as the others were already leaving. He looked to the sky, his gaze flicked up to Mamba. She was, despite the weight of their situation, was managing to put smiles on the faces of Mudpuddle, Snowfall and Seaglass. Potent then turned back around, a fonder look resting the edge of his expression and gaze for a short time.