Chapter 30

Emily's POV

Light hit my closed eyes, disturbing my sleep immediately. For some reason, my body ached and I felt myself in an awkward position. I peeled my eyes open, adjusting to my surroundings. I was still seated on my couch, my body was rigid and my head was aching. A bottle of whiskey was on my table, and a note next to it. I picked it up, reading it.

I'm sorry about last night, forget everything I said.

-L

My mind raced back to last night, remembering the events. Logan Miller had broken down. He had lowered his walls for a minute. But they were back up again. I remembered the determination within me to get him to unravel his past, and I would. With time. I placed the note back on the table, walking to my bedroom to take a shower.

I soon left my house, getting to the lair to make plans for my next move. I walked inside the coffee room, ignoring the guys and stepped towards the coffee machine, pouring myself some in a mug.

"Hello to you too Duffy" Adam commented as he joined the rest of the guys that were simply texting on their phones.

"Who are you guys even texting, I doubt you have time for girlfriends with all your criminal drama" I commented, making their eyes snap up from their phones. Austin chuckled, elevating from his seat as he walked to my side, and passed me his phone. I looked at him questioningly before he nodded towards the phone.

"Go on, check it" I picked it up, looking through his stuff. In a matter of two seconds, I was bursting out in laughter, rolling on the floor like an idiot.

"So you were texting you're grandma, that's so sweet" I said between laughs as I handed Austin back his phone.

"Ha ha very funny Emily. I was teaching her how to use technology. She doesn't know what the word 'send' means" I laughed once again, now putting my attention on Jack.

"What about you Jack, were you texting your grams too?" His cheek flushed instantly notifying me of who it might be. "Oh my god, Jack Jones actually has a girlfriend." He flushed even more.

"I do not. It's none of your business anyways" before he could react, I raced up to him, snatching his phone in his hands and reading his messages. As I saw the name on the screen, my eyes widened, not believing it. I turned back to him as he looked at the floor.

"Seriousley? Larissa? My sister? You couldn't pick anyone else in the world, you just had to pick her?" My mind was in a knot of confusion. They were criminals, and I couldn't possibly have my sister dating one of them, but then again, these guys were most definitely not like most other criminals. And I couldn't decide who my sister dated.

"I understand if you're mad and all, but I need you to know I didn't force her into it. It sort of just...happened" He shrugged, grabbing his phone back from my hands.

"I'm not mad, I'm just...surprised." I commented, before he could reply, the door flew open and Logan walked in, pouring himself a cup of coffee, the room was dead silent, the sound of a dropping pin could be heard. His figure clearly intimidated all of us.

"Adam, track Deklan" he demanded.

"Yes boss" he answered, getting on it.

"Why are we tracking Deklan?" I intervened, walking up to Logan. Surprisingly he didn't object.

"We are going to follow him and find out where he goes, at some point he has got to go where he has your brother locked up." I thought over the plan, and it was bloody genius. I nodded, unable to stop the small smile that appeared on my face. I turned around, about to walk away when he suddenly grabbed my hand, turning me around to face him. He came closer, leaning down to me. My heart started beating faster by the closeness of our bodies, and for a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. Instead, he leaned into my ear, his whisper tickling my neck.

"Forget anything that happened last night" he faced me once again, his ruthless self surfacing him. I simply nodded walking out his rough grip on my arm.

"I have it" Adam informed, giving the direction.

*****

We parked outside an old building that was known to be abandoned in the deepest parts of New York. We watched as Deklan exited his vehicle, storming inside the building. As soon as he disappeared from sight, Logan stepped out of his car, and walked in the building's direction. I watched as he stuck a small device on the colourless brick and came back to the car.

"What did you just do?" I asked, he didn't reply, only pulled out a tabled from the back seat and turned it on. After a second, a few cameras turned on, showing the inside of the building. Suddenly, my eye caught one of the cameras and I tapped on it quickly, expanding the image.

"That's him. That's my brother, Joseph" I whispered, staring at the screen. He looked scared as he whimpered back in the cell. Deklan was there too, he said a word to my brother before shutting the huge cell door and walking out. I looked at the door, noticing the complicated locks on the door. It most definitely was not going to be easy to get my brother out. Soon, Deklan walked out of the building, and raced his car out of the little lane. "We have to go in there. My brother, we found him!" I yelled, starting to get out of the car, but Logan yanked me back.

"It's pointless Emily. We have his location, but we still don't know how to get through this door. I will send this to Adam to see what he can do"

"But-"

"No buts' Emily, there isn't much you can do right now. Come on." He cut me off, speeding out of the lane. I didn't argue as I sat back in the car and drifted off as he drove. My heart ached to see my brother, but he was right, I needed a little more patience in me.

Soon we arrived at his house. I looked at him in confusion as he parked the car.

"Come with me" he simply said, making me follow him out of the car into the grand building. We rode the elevator to his penthouse all the way in silence. He opened the door to his house and walked in, straight towards the bar where he poured out two drinks and walked up to me, handing me one. He still didn't say a word as he walked to his balcony, standing right by the ledge. My confusion increased as he did so, still not uttering a word, so I wordlessly followed him, standing beside him. He took a sip from his glass and then placed it down, looking out at the world.

"My mother, Grace, was born into a very poor family. They used to roam the streets for money. One day, my father, David Miller caught my mother's eye; he offered her lots of money, enough for her entire life in exchange for her virginity. She agreed, not knowing what she was getting herself into. But he cheated her. She got pregnant with me, and my father killed her family, and forced her into marriage. My mother was only 15 when she had me. Sick son of a bitch he was. He beat us up for years, until when I was 12, he got really angry and stabbed me in my back, leaving me for dead on the streets, he disappeared with my mother. I looked for them for days, but some Mafia men found me, and raised me. A couple years ago, I found him. He had tortured my mother everyday for seven years. She had all types of scars on her body, and a hard impact on her head made her get memory loss. She doesn't remember who I am, or what happened to her. I sent her to a rehab centre. She's happy there, she actually smiles again." He finished. I hadn't even realised but a tear had escaped my eye, as I looked up at him. His eyes held pain, something that I had never seen before. I wiped my eyes, and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"What happened to your father?"

"I killed him" he replied coldly.

I looked deep into Logan's eyes as he stared out at the sky knowing that he was not who I had thought he was. Logan Miller was made up of a terrible life, a life he never deserved. He was lost, and I wanted to be the one to guide him in the right direction. I knew I had feelings for this man, and somehow, my guilt of having feelings for a criminal had decreased after listening to his story.

There was a good side to Logan Miller, and I was going to be the one to unravel it.

A/N

There goes another chapter! What do you think about Logan's past? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think!!

Picture of Jack to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha