Nine: Ghosts

"Move, move!!" I called through the crowd of people surrounding him. "Come on guys, move!!"

I laughed and finally got to the center. There he was. My brother, the Agent. He smiled his 500 watt smile and winked at me with one of his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey kiddo, miss me?" He grabbed the top of my head and ruffled my hair vigorously.

"Oh, did you go somewhere?" I smiled.

"That hurts, Rin." He clutched his heart and waved the crowd of onlookers away. "Okay you all, I have to go spend time with my little brother."

They all mumbled sounds of disappointment, wanting to talk to the star of our little city more, but they dispersed nonetheless. Rolland started walking down the long stretch of pavement towards our secret spot that we always used to escape from our parents. I tagged along after him.

"Well come on, tell me how it was!" I insisted. "What happened? I haven't heard anything from you what did you do??"

"You should meet my team." He said, staring out into the distance, eyes glistening. "They're the most amazing people."

"Tell me! Tell me!!" I pulled on his sleeve.

"Okay so first of all there's Lexi." He counted them off on his fingers. "She's got these awesome knife skills, and she knows practically every martial art in existence."

I nodded rapidly.

"And she's... really beautiful..." His smiled twitched.

I nodded again. "Yeah, who else?"

"Right, well then there's Tim, our sniper. He works really hard to keep us all happy and he's always telling these stupid jokes. He said this one thing yesterday, we were on our mission and..."

He trailed off. I frowned.

"What?"

"Nothing... just... something that happened  yesterday, it's nothing." He shook his head. "And then there's Nikki. Nikki's a little temperamental but she's very cool. She manages our flammable and explosive weapons."

"Whoa!! Cool!!" I bounced a little as I walked.

He smirked. "Oh yeah, and then there's Jasmine. She builds her own weapons."

"Wow!" I looked at my brother, thinking just how cool he was. "Hey, when you go back in August, can you write to me?"

"Sure, now that I've passed through the first year I'm sure I can pull some strings." He bumped my shoulder with his fist.

We had finally reached our spot. Everything was perfect. I looked to the top of the green hill and waved. Rolland looked at me with questions in his eyes.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"Someone I've been waiting for you to meet, come on." I grabbed his arm and began pulling him up the hill. "Hey! -----------"

---

"It's okay Rin!! I'm just helping you!! This is important, it's for your own good! Okay Rin? Trust me!"

I shot up. Convulses of shivers went down my spine and I clutched my head. I looked around me. I was in the living area, sitting on the couch. I must have dozed off. I rubbed my hair, ruffling my hair into a spiky mess. I made a face at the gel that got on my hand and rubbed it off on the cushions. 

"I knew you gelled those spikes."

I followed the voice and saw Chance sitting on the couch, of course a new book in hand (this time it was Frankenstein, all one word). I smiled and sighed.