1. At the age of 5

The pic is Lina when she was 5.

Lina's pov

"Lina, mommy and daddy are going out for a while so you stay with uncle Max and aunt Rina ok.."
"I wanna come too mommy" "No sweetheart you can't..You are sick..I promise we won't take long"
"Ok i love you both".
" we love you too sweety"
With that mommy and daddy left and i went back to sleep.I woke up when I heard my aunt storming inside my room screaming. "aunt rina what's wrong?"I asked." Your parents are dead sweetheart.they were involved in an accident" she said and I was so shocked that I don't know what to do.My aunt embraced me and soothed me and thats when i realised i was crying.I couldn't accept this.

My parents' burial was taken care of by my aunt and uncle while i was just sitting in a corner crying.Why wasn't i with them? How all this happened? I couldn't stop thinking..

It took me so long to accept my parents' death but i was happy that my aunt and uncle was there for me all the time giving me support.I was so lucky to have them.That was what i thought at first..Soon everything was revealed one night.I walked past my aunt's room to the kitchen to get a drink and I heard them talking.
" how long are we supposed to act like this? My goodness..we should have send this annoying little brat together with them."said my aunty." no honey.we killed them first so that it would be easy for us to get all their money.remember lina have to sign the papers for us to get their money and properties.bear with it for some time ok?"

Without thinking i opened the door and went inside their room crying." What was that all about uncle? What do you mean by killing them?" They were so shocked but that was only for a short time.My aunt was the one who answered my questions. " thank god i don't have to act anymore..Yes we killed your parents So what?" " but why? What we did to you?" "What you did you ask me? Your parents and you acted as if you are the most famous and rich family in frong of us.We don't have children and yet your parents showed off you and that irritated me even more." "Aunt rina we have never showed off or acted in front of you.Mommy and daddy knew you were sad that is why they wanted you to stay here with us." "Enough! Now that you have known about this i want you to keep your mouth shut.You are no longer allowed to go out of this house and don't try to act smart and ruin our plan." "I will never listen to you!" And i was slapped hard by my aunt."don't you dare raise your voice to me.Now go back to your room missy" she pushed me out of the room and slammed the door right on my face..So this was it. My parents didn't die in an accident.I walked back to my room and cried myself to sleep that night.

As years passed my misery gets worst.I was abused physically and mentally..I was like a maid to them.I have tried running away a few times and failed all the time because some how they would found out and punish ne severely.So after some time i gave up.The one and only kind soul that was good to me was Melinda, my aunt's friend.She was so good to me and cares about me like my mother.I have never told her about what i was going through but somehow i felt she knew about it but pretended that she knows nothing.