Chapter 3 | 1923

AU: am so sorry for not publishing anything for so long! Here's a new chapter, and i promise i'll try to publish more chapters and of course longer chapters.

1923

It had been 218 years since Rebekah turned me and I have been living with her ever since. Well I didn't have much of a choice. My family forced me to move in with them, cause after all, I was still their little sister. Rebekah and I weren't on good terms, but I didn't know anybody else. After she turned me, I pretty much hid from the entire world for over 100 years.

''Celia! Quick, come in here'' It was one of the nurses. I had been working in a small hospital for over a year now and to be honest, I kind of liked it. It was hard to control my thirst, but I managed. I walked through the door and immediately saw why the other nurse wanted me to help. The entire room was filled with people who were yelling and crying. ''What happened!?'' I ask Hunter, one of the doctors, ''There was an accident near the river, most of them were attacked by some sort of animal'' ''Oh no'' I wasn't stupid. Of course I knew none of them were attacked by animals, so it must have been one of my siblings. ''Celia, I need some help over here'' Felix yelled and I ran towards him, there was a young woman on the bed, I guess she was around her twenty's. Felix was holding his hand on her neck to stop the bleeding, and from my sight, she wasn't going to make it through the night, not without my help. ''Keep your hand on her neck, I'm going to get Hunter'' I changed sides with Felix and laid my hand on her neck, while I carefully looked at the wound. ''Oh god'' I mumbled and carefully placed my hand back on the wound. ''What's your name?'' I asked her as she opened her eyes. Her eyes were full of fear. ''It wasn't a...'' She mumbled softly, trying to speak louder. ''It's okay. You're save'' I reassured her and looked around, everyone was busy paying attention to their own patients. ''Ssst, don't be scared'' I said as I fed her my blood. I didn't want to turn her, I just wanted her to heal. Not much later Felix returned with Hunter by his side, both looking exhausted.

''What did you do?'' Felix asked, surprised to see his patient healed and asleep. ''She just fell asleep; I guess she was exhausted'' I said looking at both of them, ''Just as exhausted as the both of you.''

The day went by quicker then expected and after a few hours I could finally go home. Of course I had to see if any of the patients remembered something from the accident and if they did, I compelled them to forget what they saw.

The hospital wasn't far from the house I lived. Us Mikaelsons weren't really loved by the other village members. I understood why they didn't like us. Every once in awhile we move to another village, far away from the previous one, just because no one can know that we don't age. Normally it doesn't matter to me, but I finally have a job and for once I feel human again. So I guess this time it's not going to be easy to just leave everything behind.

After few minutes I reached the house. It's just a small white house covered with plants and surrounded by trees. It's not much but why would we get a bigger house? It's not like were going to stay here longer then normally. It was around January when we first moved in, so last month we've been living here for over a year. The longest we've ever stayed at one place had to be 11 years. A cold wind makes me shiver and I push the door open, a warm cinnamon smell welcomes me and I close the door behind me. ''I'm back'' I yell, not that anyone noticed me being gone, but whatever.

I hadn't told anyone that I've been working at the hospital, they probably think it's useless for me to get a job. It was quiet, which was unusual. I walked into the living room, perhaps that Rebekah was getting some food. ''Well, Well look who we have here.'' I heard a familiar voice say, a voice I haven't heard quit a long time. ''Hello Niklaus'' while I cursed at myself for yelling that I was back, I should've known that the quietness wasn't a good sign.