Chapter 1 ) Celia Mikaelson.

Celia Mikaelson.

Fourteen years old.

Walking around the woods at two am wasn’t quite what I, Celia, expected when I thought about starting a ‘’new‘’ life.  I never even thought about being on my own. No one who worries about you. No one who makes you dinner and the hardest part, no one who loves you.  I never even thought about leaving home, leaving my brothers and sister alone. But I had too. I had to leave before it was too late. Before my life was taken. From who you may ask? My dear father. I saw how he killed my sister in front of everyone’s eyes. And I also knew, my life wasn’t supposed to end like that. I had to run, in order to save my own life. So I did.

The cold wind made me shiver, I knew I wasn’t going to survive this cold winter night without any warmth. The only thing I was wearing, was a long red dress I borrowed from my sister Rebekah. I pushed myself from the ground I was currently sitting on and made myself think clear about my future. If I wanted to survive I had to find a place filth with warmth. So I walked through the dark woods and after what seemed like two hours I saw light coming from a small wooden house. I was saved.

As soon as I knocked on the door I regretted it immediately. I was just a fourteen year old girl, what if there was a threat inside of that house. What if- ‘’Hello?’’ I was interrupted in my thoughts by a young woman, who seemed like she was in her early twenties. I swallowed. ‘’What are you doing in the woods all by yourself. You must be freezing , you poor little child’’ She grabbed my arm and dragged me inside.

A few days went by and I learned a lot about the woman who saved my life. Her name was Catherine and she was a witch, just like my mom. Just thinking about my mom made me shiver. Did she even love us? Her own children. Cause it didn’t seemed like she did when she encouraged my father to kill my siblings. Why on earth would a father take their children’s life’s?  

At this moment, there wasn’t anyone who I trusted. Not even Catherine, no matter how nice she is. I had to protect myself, with or without help. I couldn’t end up like my siblings. Death. Killed by their own father.