Chapter 2 ) A monster.

Celia Mikaelson.

Sixteen years old.

I had lived with Catherine for over two years and I finally found someone I could trust. She made me realize there’s more than fear and running. She made me see how I could live. How my life could’ve been without the pain and fear. ‘’Catherine?’’ I called through the woods. She told me she went for a walk and would be a back in an hour. But it has been three hours since she said that. And she still wasn’t back. Which worried me. What If something happened.

I knew Catherine was a very powerful witch, but I also knew there were a lot more powerful creatures in this woods. They were the reason I could never be alone. Catherine told me about my mother plans. About making her children immortal. As in vampires. I knew my siblings weren’t death. But they were definitely not my siblings anymore. They were monsters. Blood sucking monsters.

‘’Catherine?’’ I yelled. But again I didn’t get any response. I knew I had to get out of the house and search for her. But I knew I wasn’t as powerful as Catherine. I couldn’t protect myself when my siblings showed up. Even though I’m a witch. But I’ve only known about being a witch for over two months. I didn’t know any spells, which meant I was an easy victim.

I grabbed the red coat, Catherine made me for the fifteenth birthday and walked outside. I stepped out of the house and closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh air and focusing on the sounds around me. After that I walked into the woods. Leaving the wooden house behind me, looking for my rescuer.

After what felt like two hours, I was sitting on the cold and wet ground, just like two years ago. Once again I felt completely and utterly lost. I knew it was mistake to leave the house. To leave the only place I was save. But I had too. I had to find my friend. But I failed. I leaned against the tree behind me and wrapped my coat tight around my body and closed my eyes. The thoughts of never seeing Catherine again made me feel horrible. But the thought of dying while searching for someone I loved, felt peaceful. I knew that if I died tonight, I died for a reason.

‘’There, there’’ My eyes widened at the sound of a woman’s voice and jumped from the ground. I knew I heard a voice, but I couldn’t find a person near me. It was quiet. Too quiet. ‘’Hello?’’ I asked, praying for response from my friend Catherine. ‘’Celia’’ I heard someone whisper behind me. I shivered when the persons breath touched my neck and turned around and once again, I was staring at nothing but darkness.

‘’Who are you?’’ I whispered, I wasn’t able to sound like my normal self, but who would at this point. ‘’You don’t even remember me?’’ The voice asked, sounding surprised and excited at the same time. ‘’Should I?’’ I asked. I did recognize the voice, but I couldn’t remember were I’d heard before. But the minute I remembered where I heard this cold but somehow sweet voice before, everything went black.

___________

‘’Wake up’’ I heard someone say. What happened? Where was I? I blinked a couple times, feeling lightheaded and blinded by the lights. ‘’Why am I here?’’ I asked after being completely aware of my environment. Then I remembered what happened before everything went black.  

I was looking for Catherine when Rebekah found me, she somehow managed to make me drink her blood, which was cold as ice, and after that she snapped my neck. Anger was the only thing I felt within my body. She, my ‘’dear’’ sister, killed me. But how was I still alive?

‘’You’re pathetic’’ Rebekah said and she threw a chair against the wall. She brought me to small wooden house, a house I used to call home. ‘’I’m pathetic!’’ I yelled, ‘’Well I’m not the person who’s drinking human blood and killing humans!’’ A devilishly smile came across her face as I said those last words. She got up from her seat and walked towards me. With every step she took, my heart skips another beat. I admit I was afraid, but who wouldn’t be? Who wouldn’t be afraid when there standing in front of blood sucking monster!?

‘’Aren’t you hungry yet? Aren’t you thinking about warm human blood, how would feel too sink your teeth into a helpless human? Cause you should be. I made sure you would end up like me. A monster. Like all of us!’’ She yelled, while her eyes turned a dark shade of red, bloody red. She ran with inhuman speed outside and came back with Candice, my old best friend.

I had never felt so angry in my entire life. ‘’Don’t you dare to hurt her Rebekah or I swear to god I will kill you’’ but those words only encouraged Rebekah and before I could reach her, she had already bitten Candice. I felt awful for letting my sister hurting my best friend and I couldn’t stop her. But before I could think about any way to kill Rebekah, a delicious smell surrounded me. What was that?

I turned around and saw Rebekah standing next to me, with Candice, who’s eyes were red from crying and looked at me with fear and pain. The smell came from her, her blood, how did this happen?! Why do I have the urge to kill my best friend? What did Rebekah do to me.

‘’Drink it’’ Rebekah said while handing me Candice, ‘’You’ll need it if you want to stay alive.’’ I shook my head and tried to escape the smell and my awful thoughts. ‘’Drink it now!’’ Rebekah yelled and before I knew it my teeth sank into the flesh of my best friend. The sweet blood flowed into my mouth like a grotesque river flowing down the rocks. For a few seconds I was lost into the rich, beautiful blood.

But before I knew it I was ripped away from the body and pushed on the ground. ‘’There you go, now you’re just like me’’ Rebekah said smiling and grabbed Candice her dead body from the ground and threw it over her shoulder. ‘’A vampire’’ I finished.  Within a few seconds Rebekah and Candice disappeared, leaving me all alone. ‘’I’m-I’m a monster’’ I said while tears were flowing down my cheeks.