five

hannah+

after hearing my alarm go off many times. i finally groan before leaving my bed.

i was in a horrible mood from last night and i'm sure i looked worse than i felt.

i went into the bathroom to examine myself in the mirror. yes, my assumption of my appearance is correct.

i washed my face and hopped in the shower to get ready for work.

i walked into work getting greeted by many people that i see every morning. i kept a fake smile on my face as i headed up to my office.

"hello ms. young, how are you this morning?" violet, my assistant greeted me.

"i'm fine. thank you, violet" i said sternly with a light smile.

"the usually coffee?" she asked.

"yes, thank you" i nodded as i walked into my office.

i heard someone walk in almost instantly when i sat down.

"i found the famous ms. young" he chuckled, walking into my office.

"more like infamous, very infamous" i lightly laughed, folding my hands on my desk.

"good to see you again" he genuinely smiled, talking a seat.

"kyle, right?" i asked, trying to hide my light smirk.

"yes, kyle. where's your boyfriend?" he asked, sitting back and putting his arm around the chair next to him.

i observed my new boss. he was wearing a suit, like when i previously met him. he was so sweet and kind that night. he still is very attractive.

"i don't have a boyfriend" i coughed.

"then who was that man that held your wrist and left with you?" he knotted his eyebrows.

damn he's hot.

"he's my ex" i pursed my lips.

he seems very concerned.

"he didn't seem to like that idea" he laughed.

"what's your point to this conversation?" I asked bluntly.

"just curious" he popped his mint gum in his mouth, "it was very nice seeing you again, ms. young" he straightened his suit, standing up.

"please, call me hannah" I flashed a smile.

"alright, i'll see you. ms. young" he winked to me, before exiting my office.

"not that it's my concern, but who was that man recently in here" violet came in with my coffee.

"it's kyle's first day, he was lost" i partially lied.

i filed some papers and things until lunch time. i put on my jacket and fixed my collar before heading downstairs.

"ms. young" i heard behind me.

"yes, kyle?" i turned on my heel.

"please show mr. gilinsky around. he's new here" he walked up to me with jack.

are you kidding me? he kicks me out of his house and then follows me to my work.

"i was actually about to grab-" i started.

"lunch? i'll come with" jack fakely smiled.

"please, it's business" kyle smiled.

"let's go" i mumbled.