six

hannah+

today i'm going out with aaliyah. i haven't seen her since the night before the business event. she has no idea of anything that's happened.

she insisted on going to mcdonalds. I told her I have money so we can eat real food but she insists that we eat here.

it might be because she's still a college student. she's younger than me by about two years. i don't mind of course. i never even think about it.

"so, did you meet a man?" she shoved some french fries in her mouth.

"really? that's what you ask?" i glared at her.

she could say anything 'hey hannah i missed you so much' 'how was the event? i'm sure you looked beautiful' but no she asked about a boy.

"well?" she waited for an answer from her previous question.

"well, I wouldn't personally call him a man" I snickered.

"what's his name?" She put her chin in the palm of her hand.

so nosy.

"jack gilinsky" i held my hands together on the table.

i decided not to tell her about kyle because he's one of my bosses. and noththing really happened

"shut up" she sat back.

"it's true" i chuckled.

"well, what happened?" She sat back up.

"well he's my business partner now" i laughed at how ridiculous it sounded.

"wait, isn't he higher up then you?" she knotted her eyebrows.

"yes, but for some reason he wanted a share of this company. ihad to show him around. my secretary could have but he wouldn't allow because she was a 'stranger'. we ate lunch, well he did and he took forever so we missed our meeting and now we're partners on the next big project" i breathed.

"maybe he's doing this on purpose" she smirked.

"ali, what are you taking about?" i sighed.

she always has these crazy assumptions and ideas.

"maybe he chose your company. chose to have you show him around. was late to the meeting on purpose. he knows where you work, hannah" she stated her theory.

"and why on earth would he do that?" i crossed my arms, not believing her nonsense.

"hannah, it's obvious he still has feelings or you" she smacked the table in frustration.

i just laughed.

does she hear herself? jack probably didn't even have feelings for me to begin with. i still don't get how someone like him would ever be with or have feelings for someone like me. i mean, i'm just mediocre.

"it's not funny" she stated.

"You're serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"yes. i think he's been acting the same way you have. he is still hung up on you and will obviously do anything to be around you" she said in a serious tone.