Chapter 3

As I got ready for school I was totally dreading having to see Reece today. I wondered what he was going to make me do. I slipped on some jeans and dark purple shirt on over it. That was it. I told you I was plain. Besides, it was just school, right? I let my black hair hang down around my shoulders in waves. I laced up my converse and headed down stairs. I grabbed my bag and headed out into the garage.

"I don't understand how you can stand driving that thing," my brother Logan said as he slid into his sports car. My family was pretty well off. My father was a lawyer and my mother had a very high rank in a well known fashion company. She always scolded me for my fashion choices.

I took out the keys to my Kia. It was one of the older models and it was a little beat up, but I liked it. It was perfect for me. It wasn't too flashy so it didn't attract attention and it drove well. I shrugged. "I like it," I told him simply.

"Whatever," he said before pulling out of the driveway.

My brother and I were very different. He was a star basketball player and everyone loved him. He had wavy blonde hair and was pretty lean and muscular from basketball. People were always shocked to find out that I was his sister. I mean, I didn't play any sports or even talk to anyone besides Aria and Renee. Even my own parents loved him more than me.

But whatever. Logan still had his good moments. He would be the 'protective brother' every once in a while.

I wondered if Reece had any siblings. Then mentally smacked myself for even thinking about him.

Once I got to school I made my way to my first class.  Unfortunately, Reece was in my first class. He was flirting with some girl when I walked in. I sat down across the room from him in my normal seat. As soon as class started I pulled out my binder and started taking notes. When I risked glancing over my shoulder across the room, I clenched my fist when I saw that he was reading our notebook. I mean I knew he was going to read it but to actually see him do it made my blood boil.

Stupid Reece Matthews.

There was a snap and I realized I had snapped my pencil in half. Everyone turned in their seat to look at me. I gave them all a 'What? I just snapped my pencil, geez,' look. I figured they got the message when they turned around. I glanced over at Reece and he was grinning at me in amusement. I glared at him and he winked before going back to reading our notebook.

I pulled out another pencil and went back to the lesson. Suddenly, a paper ball landed on my desk. I looked around and scowled when I realized it was Reece. He was looking at me expectantly so I opened it up.

'Make sure to take some notes for me too, little Lilah. As you can see, I am a little busy. ;)'

I crumpled up the ball again and shoved it into my backpack.

"Ms. Arson?"

My head snapped back to the front of the room. "Yes?" I asked.

"I asked you a question," Ms. Drell said. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Well, I can see that.

"I didn't hear you Ms. Drell," I told her honestly.

"Perhaps it was because you weren't paying attention," she said coldly.

I was about to blame everything on Reece when I remembered he had our notebook and it wouldn't turn out well for me if I got him in trouble.

"I apologize, it won't happen again."

"Well does someone who was paying attention know the answer?" This time I did roll my eyes. You may think that teachers like the ones who get good grades, but for me, teachers either hate me for no particular reason, or hardly know I exist. Ms. Drell was one of the teachers who hated me for no particular reason.