Chapter 11

It was Tuesday and I was totally dreading having to fight with Reece today. And having to go through his stupid interrogation of whatever dumb stuff we wrote in the notebook. Plus, ever since yesterday at lunch, my friends had been giving me weird looks and they treat me like I'm some sort of delicate, little doll. I mean, I get their concern, and I appreciate it, but the whole act they're doing is starting to get on my nerves.

So, long story short. I'm cranky. 

By the time the final bell rang I let out a huge sigh of relief. 

Once I walked out into the hallway someone shoved their way to my side.

"Hey," Aria said beside me.

"Hey," I replied. Mentally preparing myself.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"Fine," I said simply.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," I said seriously.

"Lilah-" she began.

"Aria, I'm fine, ok? Would you just stop already?"

She frowned. "What is your problem? I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"I get that ok, but really, you just need to back off a little. I'm not as fragile as you think," I snapped.

"How can you say that after what happened? Yesterday I had no idea that anything was going on and here I find out that you're not eating again? All because someone said something mean to you? And you want us to back off so you can just go and ruin yourself like you did the last time?"

I felt shame spread through me and I looked away from her.

"Well if that's what you want, then you can just forget it because it's not going to happen," she said before walking away.

I sighed. Damn it Lilah.

I felt an arm sling over my shoulder. "Hey, you ready to go?" Reece asked beside me.

I shrugged his shoulder off and headed for the exit. "Let's just get this over with."

Logan drove me to school today, so that meant I would have to ride with Reece on his death machine. But I didn't care.

I saw another smaller, black helmet sitting beside his.

"Did you go out and buy another?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "No, I've had it actually. You'd be surprised at many girls actually like motorcycles."

I rolled my eyes. "I like motorcycles, I just don't like riding on yours."

"I'll go slower this time," he said as he hopped on. I gave him a flat look. "I promise, alright? Now get on."

"I don't trust you," I replied. But I immediately regretted it when I saw the sad look in his eyes.

"You're right too. Now please get on," he said in a less demanding voice.

I put my helmet on and got on the motorcycle again. I wrapped my arms around him without even having to think twice about it. But when we pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, I was shocked to find that we were going at a normal pace. So I relaxed a little and loosened my grip.

I sighed. It was actually a very relaxing ride. I enjoyed watching the trees go by. Everything was so peaceful. 

****************************

*Reece's POV*