2| Alignment

[for Anha]

2 :: Alignment

At four in the morning when the first ray of the sun was about to kiss the soil of the earth, Madeline sat at the edge of the cliff waiting to see the magic of a sunrise as the deep waters of the ocean floated beneath. She breathed the calmness and enjoyed it, loving every moment of the twilight while thinking about a million and one things- the one thing being the wait of the sunrise, something that had become a part of her everyday routine, we all need things to remind us why we must keep going, maybe watching the first ray fall over the surface of the land which was otherwise overshadowed by darkness was Madeline's reminder.

Somewhere between this wait though, she didn't notice that a poet had come and sat besides her, his hands now dusty with the mud of the land. He had been there, watching her from far away through days and days throughout their trip together. Today, he finally came near even if the step taken was internally daunting, but then again, you could only admire a beauty's fullest potential from the smallest distance.

"Is living in the night a passion?" He asked silently. Edan was curious to know her. She was the girl who would stay quiet while everyone screamed, she was the girl who would try not to smile, she was the girl who would never ask for anything. She was the girl who was hiding and he wanted to be the one to seek her.

He too, it seemed, was enjoying the beauty of the nature as much as Madeline and both were now lost in the glow of the newest sunrise.

"It's not night anymore." Madeline replied and she let herself be engulfed by the softest rays of the golden ball. His presence didn't surprise her at all, perhaps she knew all along of the person whose thoughts lingered about her more than it should. And maybe, just maybe, thoughts about him lingered in her mind too.

Edan thought she looked exquisite in the scenery as her face beamed in front of the sunrise, and suddenly he had found something even more beautiful than the nature itself.

Madeline smiled, "You should stop staring at me and look at the sunrise."

Edan smiled too, "We all want to look at things we find beauty in, you find it in the sunrise and I find it in you." He replied. And with that the both of them continued admiring what they found beautiful. Maybe, beauty was subjective after all, which is why what we found beautiful no one else did, and what we found dull, others found glowing.

It wasn't until that when the sun had slowly made its way up to the infinity that Madeline turned to him, "I never like to miss a sunrise. They remind me of a new beginning, the first light in the darkness that has shadowed us."

Madeline whispered every word calmly as she turned back to stare at the sky. She was confessing this to a person she didn't know very well, but there was a feeling of utmost connectivity that she found with Edan and telling him the truth was the only thing that made sense. For her looking at a sunrise was more of a need than a want. Madeline had to remind herself that no matter what, there was always a new day to come, that no matter what, we were bound to see the light one day. We were bound to have a new beginning.

Edan, though, had a different feeling about it, he shook his head and spoke, "You know, darkness isn't bad, how you are in the darkness moulds how you are going to be in the day. After all, stars shine the brightest in the dark." And the moon is most serene in the night, he wanted to say. Because he had seen her, he had seen Madeline looking serene every night ever since they had been touring. Madeline looked at him and kept looking with the same intensity with which he looked at her.

And maybe it was the close proximity or maybe the aligning of two different perspectives that did the magic but soon the both of them were close and closer and closer and soon joint in a kiss when the darkness wasn't completely gone but there was the glow of a new day combining two views and their curators and slowly the soft rays of the sun kissed them as they kissed each other.

And that, that moment was the utmost moment of serenity. The alignment of darkness and day; a perspective with another; and two different people.

Hey loves, please keep in mind that this is a short story so the chapters are going to be short, I apologize but even if I want I cannot make it anymore descriptive as this suits the plot. 2 more chapters to go, thank you to all the ones who still stick with this book. 

Make sure to vote if you like this chapter and comment your thoughts.

Much love,

Aashix