TWO: Mr and Mrs Wall with a deal

"MOM! DAD! DINNER!" I was to lazy to make dinner, so I ordered pizza instead. Two pepperoni pizzas to be exact! And maybe an order of bread sticks and a Pepsi...

They both come running down the stairs...wearing very nice clothes for a pizza-movie night in the basement.

"Why are you two all fancy tonight?" I ask, serving myself two slices of pizza on a paper plate. Mom is wearing a tight, sequins, midnight blue, floor length gown. It has a slit in the back of her dress, showing her black heels, which I have to say look rather dashing. She is wearing her expensive necklace that is covered in diamonds with her matching earrings and bracelet. And of course, dad is wearing a black and white suit with a tie that matches the color of my mom's dress, and silver cuff links.

"Your father and I are going to go see a play tonight and go out for dinner," She smiles up at my father, giving him a look I haven't seen her give him in a long time. Love.

"Lilah, you have the house until 1am. No parties and no strippers," Dad looks at me sternly.

I smile. "What kind of person do you think I am for inviting strippers to the house dad? " I ask, frowning.

"I don't know. The last time we left you alone in the house, you dyed your hair purple," Mom laughs, holding up her dark blue clutch. Ahhh, I remember the day I bought her that clutch for Christmas, I wanted to go all out, so I bought her a Coach clutch and stuffed it with $50 dollar gift cards to her favorite restaurants.

"Hey! I was ten and it seemed like a good thing to do!" I smile, taking a bite out of my pizza. Heavenly goodness, ughhh my mouth has been blessed.

"You dyed the whole bathroom sink and bathtub purple!" Dad laughs, holding his stomach.

"Don't forget her eyebrows," Mom points. Great...now with the eyebrows.

"Gosh, those were the worst," Dad sighs as he rakes his fingers through his freshly gelled hair.

"Hey! I didn't know how to shape eyebrows! So I did the closest thing I could," I laugh.

"You drew a line. You shaved all your eyebrows off and drew a thin, black line for eyebrows," Mom sighs, smiling.

"Can't blame her honey, she does get it from you," Dad laughs, Mom smacks him lightly on the shoulder.

"So, what time do you guys have to be at the play?" I ask, looking at the time. It was 6:35 p.m. Dad looks down at his watch, his eyes popping out of his head.

"Crap! Honey, we have to go now!" Dad kisses my forehead and took Mom's hand.

"See you later sweetie, love you!" They both leave me in the house alone. I know exactly what I am going to do for the next 7 and a half hours.

----

"I promise."

"Never let go."

"I promise. I will never let go Jack, I'll never let go."

A silent tear rolls down my face as I stuff my mouth with popcorn, trying to silence my quiet sniffles and sobs. That didn't quite work, because I end up choking on a kernel. I grab my Pepsi next to me on the end table and washed the kernel down. Still choking.

"Jack."

Jack was still.

"Oh, Jack!"

Rose closes her eyes...all hope leaving her body. And then...she snaps her eyes open. She tries to call for the lifeboats 10-12ft away.

"Help." Her voice was too weak.