THREE: Alex and the Cheesy Fries

"Lilah," The red haired girl sang. She looked about my age...With her red hair running low to her back in soft, curls and her thin body, I almost swore she was a younger version of my mother. High, rosy cheek bones, thin fingers, good for playing piano and a violin. Her eyes are the color of the dark chocolate with flecks of deep gold. She has an olive skin tone, just like me...and a small nose, just like me. 

"Who are you?" I asked the girl, she smiled at me, flashing me her straight, white teeth.

"I'm Lena," She replied with a soft, sweet tone that reminded me of velvet.

Her answer sent shivers up my spine. My mother's name is not Lena. No one in my family has the name Lena. 

"Listen Lilah, I don't have time to explain the questions running through your mind, but just know...we will meet soon and the truth will come with it. Don't fight it," She smiled at me sadly, her eyes showing a hint of anger.

"What do you mean?" I shouted after her. She was walking away from me, toward a light. "Wait! What do you mean by the truth will come?" 

She turned over her shoulder and gave me a bright smile.

"You will know, Lilah. You will feel it," And with that she disappeared into the light. 

I just stared at the light, watching it flicker and waver between two trees. Now that she was gone, I focused on my surroundings. I was standing in the middle of a flowery meadow, surrounded by pine and oak trees. The sun danced behind a fluffy, white cloud, casting a golden light through cloud and onto the meadow. Bird chirped and flew, deer frolic behind the shadows of trees, animals seemed happy in this place. This has to be real, I thought. I looked over to were the trees gave way and saw huge, blue mountain's, they stretched about, maybe a thousand feet into the air, there tips were covered in snow. 

"Wow," I said aloud.

"I know, beautiful isn't it?" I reeled around and saw Ace. He was wearing a suit, an all white suit. I looked down at his feet, expecting his boots, but only saw his bare feet. Same with me, I took in the white dress I was wearing. It was loose fitting, dropped just below my knees and it was kinda pretty, something I can seem myself wearing with a cardigan and long necklace.

"Ace?" I smiled. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm wondering the same thing about you," He grinned, his eyes slowly wandering over my body. It made me shiver, and not in a good way. Ace would never look at me the way he is looking at me right now, like I'm an animal or something.

I turned back around to the mountains and sighed. Wishing I could climb up them and feel the temperature drop, feel the frost on my face, feel the soft, frigid snow. 

When I turned back around to tell him something, he was gone. 

"Huh," I mumbled, walking over to the other side of the meadow where the light is.

I wonder what this thing is, I thought. I felt the light with my hands, it felt warm, but also felt uninviting, like a stranger's house. I was tempted to jump in when I heard a familiar voice.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you," Kate's voice came from across the meadow, by a small pond. 

"Kate!" I squealed. I noticed that she was wearing a tattered white dress, with a few dark spots, and her feet were bare. Her brown hair cascaded down her back in waves, I noticed on top of her head sat a crown made of flowers. She looked beautiful, like a princess from a fairy tale, but what did raise a red flag to me was her eyes, they had dark bags under them, like she hasn't gotten sleep in the last couple of nights.