Chapter 8

Confusion appeared on Camila's face once she heard Lauren's reason for being at her house. What could she possibly want to talk about with so much seriousness? The thought of maybe having information about her adoption came to mind, but it was very much impossible. It had only been four days, she couldn't have been able to gather information already.

"What's this about?"

"Why don't you sit down?" Lauren suggested as she tapped the spot next to her.

"Okay, you're starting to freak me out." Camila replied as she sat down hesitantly.

"Please don't, but I wanted to know if you believe in the supernatural."

"The supernatural?"

"Yeah like vampires, werewolves, witches, that sort of things."

"Like in the vampire diaries?"

"In some parts yes."

"Um, well I think they're cool, but never have I thought they'd be realistic. For all I know, they only exist in fictional worlds."

Upon hearing Camila, Lauren wanted to explain that the oversized wolf she had seen some nights ago was in fact supernatural. Not only that, but that the wolf was sitting right next to her as well. She wanted to tell her, but without revealing too much about her kind.

"Have you seen any unusual creatures in the forests lately?"

The brunette immediately turned to look at Lauren, had she seen the wolf too or was it just a trick? If she replied with yes, would she tell? But it was Lauren, in the short time they've gotten to know each other, Camila had already grown to trust her. So she took her chances and hoped nothing would happen to the black wolf with green eyes.

"Do you mean the big black wolf with green eyes?" She asked hoping Lauren knew about it.

When Lauren heard Camila's response, she was taken aback by her forwardness but continued nevertheless.

"Yes, specifically that."

"I'm going to go ahead and assume it's supernatural?"

"Yes exactly, a werewolf to be exact, but I see you don't seem scared or shocked." The older girl observed.

"I may be jumpy, but not over something that I believed was fictional, but turns out not to be."

The alpha smiled at her mate's interest in her kind, "So about the wolf."

"Now that I take a good look, you two seem to have the same eyes. It's weird right?"

"Camila." Lauren placed her hand on her thigh.

The younger girl looked down at Lauren's hand before biting her lip to retain a smile and then looked up. "Yeah?"

"What I'm about to tell you is not something you usually hear from someone say so I understand if you don't want to see me or talk to me ever again." She said looking directly into her brown eyes.

Camila furrowed her eyebrows, but encouraged Lauren to carry on.

"The black wolf you've been seeing, it's me."

The brunette wasn't shocked before, but now she really was. Lauren was the werewolf she had touched twice? How was it possible? Her mind was left dumbfounded and filled with questions.

"Can I see?" Lauren heard which caused her slight relief, it wasn't rejection. At least not yet.

"Yes of course, but I can't do it here, I may hurt you."