Chapter One

5 years later...
I quietly are my cereal at the table with all the other kids. I was the only one really being quiet. I didn't really talk to anyone, since I was now seventeen, and I really didn't want to hang out with younger kids. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Leona.."It was Ms.Benson."I need to speak with you for a moment.."
I stood up and she walked me over to a corner in another room.
"We have some bad news.."She said,looking down.
"What is it?"I asked.
She looked back up at me.
"Your parents were found dead in your old house,"she continued."It was found they died b-"
"They were NEVER my parents,"I said,interrupting her.
Then I walked away.

In Leonas room...
I stared at the ceiling and questioned my life.
What if mom never became a drug addict?
What if mom had-
"Lunch!"Ms.Benson called,interrupting my train of thought. I got up from my bed and opened my bedroom door. Tons of kids of all ages came running out of their rooms to go get lunch. I looked back at my room. Mine had a bunk bed,but, no one was in my room with me. I was at a place filled with tons of kids,but I was still alone. I walked back into my room and grabbed my black hoodie.
"Leona!"Ms.Benson called to me. I closed my door and slipped my hoodie over my head.

On the Streets...
I looked down at the old cement sidewalks. You could tell they had been here for years. All the cracks and holes,just no respect towards the sidewalk at all.
"Get out of my house!"I heard a lady yell. I looked up and saw a boy getting kicked out of a house and a bag getting thrown at his face. I stopped and looked at him closely.
I knew what betrayal felt like.
I began to walk towards him and I reached in my bag. He heard my footsteps and looked at me. At first he stepped back, then I pulled some chips out of my bag.
"T-Thanks.."He said, taking the chips from me. I smiled and began to walk away.
Even the smallest bit of good can make a heart feel pure and happy...

In the middle of the night...
I woke up slowly to the sound of people talking in front of my door.
"Do you think that she'll ever get adopted?"A voice asked,I tried to make out who it was,but it was to muffled.
"No way!"Someone else said."She's to moody and quiet.."
Rude...
"But we'll have another seventeen year old coming on tommorow...so her attitude could change.."The first voice said.
Another kid my age?
I heard the voices footsteps walk away and go down the steps. I sat up and turned on the lamp next to my bed.
Maybe I could make a friend...
Maybe I don't have to be alone anymore.
------------------------------------
Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Don't forget to give votes and comments so that I can make the chapters better!
Also, I hope you had/have a good day!
^-^