Chapter 2-The Bus Ride

Chapter Two

Okay, so you know how my school life usually goes throughout the day. But as much as my school goes, I’m social. At home...well...not so much.

So here’s how the story goes. My mom caught my dad cheating with her sister 7 years ago; caught them on the couch and things were getting pretty heated. I know. At least it wasn’t a secretary or something cliche like that. Well, when she wanted a divorce, my dad warned her about the financial support he was giving her. But my mom was so mad, she divorced him. They fought over my brother, sister, and I. My mom won all three of us but I was so naive that I said I wanted my dad and said this story about how we went fishing one day and how he was so inspirational, blah blah blah. And then he won me.

As the years past, I stopped being in contact with my mom and my brother, Mikey, and sister, Erin. Apparently, they moved to Paris over the course of a few months. But as I got older, I started figuring out what happened. My mom got into the wrong crowd. She got into drugs, alcohol, anything that made you high or drunk, she tried. I’m worried for Mikey and Erin. Erin is now 13, but Mikey is only 7. I want them to be okay.

But during all my worries is my worthless dad who is now engaged to Aunt Regina. I hate her with a passion. She only wants my dad’s money and my dad doesn’t even see it. It’s a bunch of bullshit. He doesn’t even care about me. Neither does she. Ever since my mom married my dad, she had her eyes on him. She wasn’t successful considering the shithole she lived in. Now, it’s like my mom and her traded lives except my mom was loving and kind.

I come home from school and instantly see Regina. She’s talking to someone on the phone while polishing her nails. Oh, and don’t forget the nasty gum chewing. She looks up at me and instantly hangs up. I straighten my posture, quirking an eyebrow at her.

“Who were you talking to?” I ask, going to the fridge.

“It’s nothing, you piece of shit.” Did I mention she’s rude to me when we’re alone but nice when my dad’s around?

“Aww, Regina don’t call yourself names.” I grab a juice box.

She rolls her eyes and groans. “I can’t wait to get rid of you.”

I glare at her. “Not before my dad finds out how demented you are.”

“Puh-lease. Your father loves me, darling. He would never give up this.” She gestures all over her body.

“A piece of trash?” I ask, tilting my head to the side.

It’s her turn to glare now. “I can’t wait to send you to boarding school.”

“I’ll be out of the house before you can.”

“Oh really? ‘Cause honey, I’m really good friends with the principal over there….”