Chapter 3-Cruise Gone Wrong

Chapter Three

The cruise ship was beautiful. It had over 1,000 bedrooms for the students and faculty. There was also a theatre, pool, hot tub, gym, lounges, and basically everything a cruise ship would have. We were all assigned our own rooms which we had all had to share with 2 other people. They started with the A’s. Those people would choose who they wanted. Then it was the B’s. And then came the C’s. When it was my turn, all the cheerleaders wanted me to pick them but I picked Lizzie and Sierra. Sierra was a bit of a slut but was really nice. We hurried to our room which was on the ground floor above the pipes and stuff. It was fairly quiet down there though.

The room was just as beautiful as the ship. We each chose our beds and the bathroom could fit like 20 people. I was utterly excited for this trip.

“So what do you all plan to do?” I ask, unpacking my luggage and putting it into my drawer below my bed.

“Getting some hot guy here.” Sierra says, smirking.

I laugh. “Lizzie?”

Lizzie sighs. “Having some romantic scenario with Mark.” She sighs again. “I’m just so excited for all we have planned.”

I laugh again. This is going to be a vacation I’ll never forget. And that was true.

We spent the rest of the night talking about what we’re going to do and who we thought was gonna get pregnant during the trip. I know you think that’s boring, but we had to. Everything was closed the first night to let everyone get settled in.

We woke up early the next morning. I guess when you wake up a certain time 270 days a year, you stick to it. I was the first one to shower since Sierra and Lizzie were slow and cranky to get up. I dressed in my bathing suit, planning to go swimming. I had on some faded blue shorts and a t-shirt on. I hurried up the stairs to the dining area. Not many people were there so I just grabbed my breakfast and ate slowly to let all the juicy tastes in. I was on my last bite when I looked at my phone. 10:03. Wow. I guess I do wake up early...That or I eat really slow.

I hurried to the deck and not a lot of people were there. Just a few nerds. The sky was blue and not that sunny but not that windy either. I loved it. I saw empty chairs next to the buffet table and sat in one, snatching up an apple on the way. I slipped on my Ray Ban sunglasses and rested my hands at the back of my head. This is the life and this is what it’s like for the next few hours.

“Well hello beautiful. I see you’re looking extra sexy today.” a deep voice says.

I groaned, instantly knowing who it was. “Well hello Mr. Maxwell. Of what do I owe this pleasure?” I say in a British accent.

“The pleasure of me of course.” He sits down next to me and copies my position.

I look at him. “No seriously, what the hell are you doing here?” I take a bite of my apple.

“Well I guess I’m an early bird like you.” He smiles at me.

“I like being an early bird. You don’t miss the beautiful skyline before noon.”

“Yeah….or people just like to see the beautiful Amelia Chapman.”

Anything but, I think to myself. I mean I don’t think I’m ugly. Oh no. Not at all. But everyone is always saying I’m pretty and beautiful. I bet Jared’s just saying that cause he’s ass. I feel like I’m too stupid to be pretty. Not like appearance pretty but pretty on the inside. Like I said before I am smart, I am bitchy, but not enough to be put in a category. I think of myself as unique but aren’t your parents supposed to tell you that? My parents never told me that. Well, of course when I was a kid but it’s like when you grow older, they think you’re too old for compliments, too old for play, too old for some cheesy laughs. But what they don’t know is that sometimes, that one compliment, that one game, that one laugh….might just make your day.