Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Lucas, you have to come here in California. Your father is so upset." Sophia said to her son over the phone. "We caught Rafael in Natalie's apartment! They're sleeping together."

"I don't see any problem with that, they're both consenting adults."

"It's Rafael! You know that your dad dislikes him." His mom's voice raised an octave.

"He has no choice but to accept it, Natalie loves Rafael."

"Your father is very stubborn. I doubt we can convince him easily." Her mom sighed heavily. "I want you to come and talk to Natalie. She won't answer our calls."

Lucas was in the middle of a luncheon business meeting with a group of Japanese investors in a Japanese restaurant in New York.

"I can't, Mom. I have a group of Japanese investors here with me. We're still negotiating for our expansion in Asia next year."

"This is a family emergency. Please talk to her. She only listens to you. Cancel your meeting, and let the Japanese go home to their families. You can go to Japan next week for that."

"Mom, I'm a very busy person. I have lots of commitments."

"You chose to be very busy, I don't know why. You don't even have time for a vacation. You can delegate it to your personal assistant. We will be flying back there this afternoon. Your dad will handle your other commitments. Just come here, son. Talk to your sister."

"Let Dad talk to her."

"I told you, she's not answering her phone right now. Your father is not even in his right mind to talk. They could end up hating each other."

Lucas exhaled heavily. "I can just video call her this evening instead of going there."

"No, you're missing the point. We want you to talk not just to Natalie but also to Rafael. I need your help to find out what's the score. If they're in a serious relationship...oh god, I hope not, for your father's sake."

Lucas then conceded. "Okay fine. I'll fly there tomorrow when you get here."

"No, we want you to fly now. The sooner this matter gets settled the better. Your dad and I will take a commercial flight later. He needs to be there tomorrow to speak in a convention for business entrepreneurship."

"Okay, okay...I'll have the jet refuelled."

"Thank you, son. Call me when you're on your way, so I won't worry."

"Okay, Mom."

Lucas finished his luncheon meeting and called his pilot to prepare the plane. They would be leaving after lunch. He settled the things that needed to be done in the office and endorsed some works to his personal assistant. He would take a three-day vacation in California.

He called his sister, Natalie, but only her voice message answered.

His lips twisted in annoyance as he called Rafael.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"It was insane, your man freaked out." Rafael groaned.

"What the fuck, I have to cancel tons of appointments because my folks want me to talk some sense to both of you, and personally."

"I'm sorry, man, for the hassle. My lip is still bleeding, your dad gave me a double dose of his Iron Man punch this morning."

"Serves you right."

"Come on...don't be so hard on me. When are you coming here?"

"I'm flying this afternoon. I'll be there at around six."

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
All Samantha is asking for from Lucas is to forgive her for ruining h...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 19 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.