Chapter 24

Chapter 24- Edward's POV

"So, we could incorporate art with literature, and then plan out how we're going to present them to the students and..." John trailed off and stared at the sheet of paper he was holding and then looked up at me. "You're supposed to be helping," he complained.

I smirked and took a sip from my cappuccino. "I am," I said, amused. "I'm letting you stay in my classroom and listening to you rambling about this stupid activity."

 I had to tease the guy, it was so boring here.

John rambled on. "Well it's not my fault that I'm an English teacher and the administration decided that I have to organise this when they only informed me about it a week before."  

"Yeah that's true. They've only just informed the students, so I'm hoping that there will be response." I set the plastic cup back on my desk. 

"Nah, they will attend. I'm more concerned about the fact that we're under short notice." He shrugged. I stood up and started pacing the room.

"I'm bored," I muttered. We'd been planning out this whole thing since around nine in the morning. It was five minutes to twelve now, and l was drained out, even though John had done most (all) of the work. Luckily, I had a lesson after break finished at 12.30pm, so I'd be able to shoo him away, or at least, get him to stop talking about the live-in. 

John ignored me. "Should we put in classic books or is that too, I don't know, unmodern?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him.  

"Whatever, man. I'm more concerned with the fact that we only have a week, meaning only three lessons with my students to prepare for this."  

Teaching is stressful. 

"Technically a week and a half now..."  

The school's administration had done the most stupid thing the previous day, when they had organised a meeting, telling us that there was going to be a live in at school, not this weekend, but the next. It was going to be filled with activities, some of which the administration had come up with, and others which they left to the teachers to take care of. And since the live in was about literature (boring to most students, I know), the language teachers had to come up with the activities, and preferably art teachers, too, to lighten up the mood. Yeah, right.   

Since John was an English teacher, and happened to be the only nice person around here, I agreed to work with him on this. He was coming up with all the ideas, and I was just there, angry because they were going to waste this week and next week's lessons. I'd have to work with my students on these topics, which meant stopping from what we were doing right now.  

"Okay." John closed the file in front of him and looked at me. "You and your students work on the designs in order to make the school nicer, and I'll take care of the activities meanwhile. Art students always have the best ideas."   

"Not my students," I muttered. "They're lazy."  I sat back down.

Right then, I heard a knock on the door and I looked up to see Ella. I smiled automatically. Life's always better when she's around. "Hey, come in love," I murmured. She smiled and entered the room, dragged a chair from the other side and sat next to me. I immediately noticed John shifting in his seat. He looked uncomfortable.   

"Hey..." Ella said. "Did you guys come up with anything yet?" Her gaze flickered towards John, who lowered his gaze to his file immediately. I couldn't really understand what was up, but I didn't comment about it.