Hidden behind her smile: 5

{UNEDITED :P }

Chapter 5: Hidden behind her smile

I groaned as sunlight fell onto my face, attacking my eyelids. Slovenly, I reached out to cover my face with a pillow and felt a sharp tugging a my hair. It was all I could do not to cry out in pain. Slowly, I lifted my hand, skimming it across my head. A gasp left my mouth at what I felt.

Someone had tied the ends of my hair onto my bed! A scream of outrage left my lips as I desperately tried to get free. Suddenly, my bedroom door slammed open and Jack raced in, eyes wild and a broomstick raised above his head.

"What is it, what is it? What's wrong?" He panted.

I waited a couple of seconds to let him get his breath back and get a chance to look at me. His eyes skimmed over me and as soon as they did, he burst into fits of laughter; one hand pushed against his belly and the other gripping the doorframe. His broomstick lay forgotten on the floor and the poor recipient of my glare as I wated for Jack to shut up.

"Are you quite done yet?!" I ground out five minutes later.

"Not quite yet." He gasped, glancing at my hair again and bursting into yet another fit of laughter.

"Ten years later..." I sarcastically snapped the second he had stopped. I could clearly see that he was still trying to control himself and huffed out in annoyance.

"You know what? Why don't you get out of my bedroom and come back when youve ceased to find my situation funny." I said snarkily, making a shooing motion with my hand.

He was out like a bullet and it wasn't long before I could hear the sound of his laughter echoing through the house.

"Idiot." I muttered, rolling my eyes. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to figure out how to get the knots out. I soon gave up, letting my thoughts wonder to who would the nerve to do such a thing. Racking through my brain, I drew a blank. Unless.... no, it coulden't ; he woulden't.... would he?

Actually, he would. He did promise me after all... And besides it is Max i'm pondering about - I mean, the boy really did have no limits.

A smile twitched at my lips as i thought about the reason he so desperately sought revenge...

~ We were having a sleep over at mine and I was messing around with his hair. He'd grown it out, just past his shoulders and it suited him perfectly. On some guys you just think 'hell no' but on him, it added a manly beauty to his face. His shiny raven black locks would make any girl and most guys green with envy.

As I ran his silken, satin locks through my hands, I decided to play 'hair dressers. At first, I just plaited it, wrapping it up into complicated hair does. It wasn't long before I had all my hair "tools" out and was, and I quote : "Hacking at his hair like a maniac on crack."

The only problem was, I was an inexperienced 'maniac on crack' and when I put curlers in his hair, I managed to get them twisted and tangled up. You can imagine what happened next. I had to cut off half of his precious hair just to get them out and he ended up looking worse than a caveman. A little like my mum in the morning to be honest. I wouldn't let him look in the mirror and organised an emergency appointment at my uncles hairdressers. Thankfully, they managed to get his hair done up into a nice style but not before he got a glimpse of the shipwreck I had made of his hair. He swore on his grave that he would never forget that day and that he would get revenge, even if it was the last thing he did. ~

So, you can see why I think he would have done this - I mean, no one else had more motive than him. In fact no one else had any motive to do this to me at all.