Chapter Nine

"Seduce me," I breathed as I stared at Berkley

His eyes were wide as if he couldn't believe what I was doing. I could hardly believe I was doing this myself, but I was. I've never trained anyone so I wasn't completely sure of what I was doing. I have slept with Berkley before, so this wasn't an issue. But between us, this was new. This was a whole new circumstance.

"Pop—what?" he asked as he looked at me. He had his coat jacket draped over his hand and papers in his hand. I walked up to him and took hold of his papers and jacket and set them on the table beside him. His brown eyes were focused on me in front of him.

"Seduce me," I whispered, my eyes locked on his. I took his hand and brought it to my bare skin. I could tell he wasn't quite sure of what to make of the whole situation. "You know how to do that now, don't you?"

I wanted more than just his hand on mine. Ever since he walked back into my life, I wanted to feel his touch on me. All over me. I wanted his lips on my skin peppering kissing everywhere and anywhere. When we were together, I always took control, but now it was time for him to control me.

"Poppy...no," he shook his head as he removed his hand from my skin. "Not like this."

"But I'm supposed to train you," I walked up closer to him. "How am I supposed to train you if you're wearing all these clothes?" I tugged at his blue collared shirt, pulling him towards me. "Seduce me, Berkley." I attached my lips to his jawline, sucking on the skin gently.

Berkley let out a few heavy sighs at my touch. His hand grasped my shoulders and pushed me away. I frowned as I looked at him. I didn't understand what was going on. It wasn't supposed to go this way.

"Not like this," he told me. "Under my terms." He bent over and picked my robe up. I put it on and tied the belt around my waist.

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why?"

"It's not the order of things," he stated simply. "You're supposed to give me some task. Or at least that's what I heard from the blokes downstairs."

"You want to do that stupid task?" I asked with a roll of my eyes. "Fine," I scoffed as I walked over to the couch and pulled my underpants on. I opened the door and nodded my head out of it.

"You're going out like that?"

"Yeah?" I said. "It's downstairs. I don't think it's going to be a big deal." I shrugged as I waited. Berkley followed me to the elevator. I was in absolutely no mood to be doing this stupid thing, but if that's what Berkley wanted, then that's what Berkley gets. After all, this whole thing is in his hands.

I led him over to the bar on the floor we were on. The people who worked here were members, but they knew how to play the games of others. I looked around the room for a girl that would not be of Berkley's interest. I wasn't about to have him disinterested in me...if he was still interested.