39|| Bishop to F1

39|| Bishop to F1

Whatever disposed of Hermione's reaction for that mere moment--likely from her fear of the truth and wish for return--is overcome before Harry supercedes his suspicious quandary. The time-travelling heroine flees from the tent with due desire, her actions only inhibited by Harry's worried attempt to grab her arm, deeming her actions to be hasty but that isn't Hermione. His best friend has never been one to race into action based on her emotions--driven mainly by reason--and yet, he's never seen her so intent on such a task. It obviously cannot be Ron, so who is it?

Hermione's soft hands push away the tent fabric in quick speed, preceding her entire interest to the world outside and the one sight she never thought to see again. There, crumpled on the ground in the most graceful of falls, is Tom Riddle, her partner, lover, and leader five decades prior. Hermione stalls at the sight, almost backing away in sheer shock as she gapes in utter surprise.

"Tom!?"

The boy's head snaps up to the voice he solely wishes to hear, as if delivered precisely to her door, which is indeed what happened. And it does not take a mere moment for him to move, so driven by her presence, as he stands to his feet quickly and as poshly as ever. "The Time-Turner--"

It is then that Tom takes full inventory of Hermione Granger, struck by her change of appearance

It is then that Tom takes full inventory of Hermione Granger, struck by her change of appearance. The female, if possible, looks more destroyed now than she did upon arriving to Hogwarts back in 1944. Her eyes are framed by dark circles and the whites are broken by redness, not to mention her unbrushed hair and skinny frame, as if she is starving. How much time has passed since she arrived?

Tom is infuriated by the look of her destruction, but before he can go about addressing it, another boy is fleeing from the canvas door of the tent

Tom is infuriated by the look of her destruction, but before he can go about addressing it, another boy is fleeing from the canvas door of the tent. Immediately, Harry Potter recognizes Tom Riddle, the boy who nearly killed Ginny and successfully petrified Hermione. Raising his wand in complete haste and practice, Harry is overcome in a need to curse this insipid man. But to the same extent, he is confused. Surely, Harry could understand Voldemort finding them, but not the younger Tom Riddle, one that is long gone with age.