Chapter 6

All throughout my first, second, and third period I couldn't help but think about my encounters with Brett. First he growls at me and calls me 'his'. Then in the hallway when we were so close to kissing. I realized my heart was beating a million beats per breath I took. This wasn't normal for me at all. I don't usually get this giddy over a mere thought of a guy near me. I needed to get out of this place, and I really needed to fight. My anger is building up at the thought that a guy can make me feel this way. No one should be able to make me feel this way, period.

My mind is going ninety to nothing, and I could not concentrate on anything the teacher is saying. I feel sweat beading at my forehead, and I swiped it off. I didn't know what was happening to me but all of a sudden my arm was buzzing with electricity. The thing that got me was that when I felt that, I also felt my restlessness subside. I looked over at my arm to see what happened to it but I just saw Brett with his arm on my shoulder. I was surprised I had not noticed that we had a class with each other.

"Get your hand off of me," I growled at him.

He took his hand off of my arm, and I suddenly felt emptiness. By the look on his face I could tell he knew what effect he had on me. Which means he knows what is going on with my damn feelings.

I suddenly felt his hot breath near my ear.

"I'll see you later, my princess," he kissed a little spot under my ear just as the bell rang and he was out the door.

My brain was still trying comprehend what just happened while I grabbed my things and left the room. I could still feel the tingly pressure where his lips touched the spot under my ear.
I just met the damn guy this morning and he was already getting to me. I just shook off these weird feelings and walked to my next period.

My fourth and fifth period went by fast and now it was time for lunch. I sighed in relief because I was really hungry. The only problem was that I didn't know where the cafeteria was. My stomach wouldn't stop growling, which was really loud.

"Would you look at that boys. Its our friend from last night. Kat," when I heard the deep voice say my name, my head snapped around to see all of the guys from last night and the one and only, Brett.

"What do you want?" My voice was cold and hard.

*****

Brett's P.O.V

My mate's voice was cold like she really didn't want to be messed with. She was the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Her dark hair flowed in waves down her back. Her dark eyes showed a strong, independent girl. Everything about her made me adore her even more. The way she tried to be strong around me but our bond always made her want me just as much as I do her. I was pulled out of my thoughts about my mate by Derek's voice.

"We just wanted to help you because I could here your stomach growl from across the school, honey," I growled at him and grabbed him by his collar.

"Don't ever disrespect your future Luna again. Do you hear me?" I whispered so only him and the other guys could here me. Their eyes widened and Derek nodded. I nodded in satisfaction and turned towards my beautiful mate to see that she was looking at me in admiration. As quickly as it was there, the look disappeared. I quickly walked to her and grabbed her hand pulling her to the cafeteria.

*****

Kats P.o.v.

Whatever Brett said to the guy with the dark hair, made him pale and widen his eyes. Then he asked him something else and he nodded. I looked at Brett with unknown admiration. He then turned towards me and started walking to me. When he reached me, he grabbed my hand and we started walking towards the cafeteria. When he grabbed my hand I felt the familiar electricity run up my arm. Without permission my body leaned into his heating touch. I looked up to see him looking down at me with so much admiration that was so severely impossible. I know it sounds cheesy, but his eyes captured me in them. He was so beautiful in all of his glory. I could've stayed in that moment forever. I felt as if nothing could pull me away from his gaze. But of course, I always speak too soon.

"Kat?!?!?" I snapped my head towards the familiar voice. When I saw who it was, I was filled with joy and excitement.

"Blake!!!"