Chapter 19

Have you ever felt like everyone around you is happy, and your the only one who feels terrible. Well, that's how I feel right now. When we got home, everyone was there. Everyone was laughing and talking about what a great fight I put up. Even Hale, who I still get a creepy vibe from, was laughing and having a good time. My mom and James were mostly in the kitchen, but when my mom did come out, she did not look at me. When she finally did though, she gave me a apologetic smile. She looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep.

And I felt fucking guilty.

So I decided to be the one to apologize to her. She deserved it. Sitting in that hospital room alone gave me time to think over the things I said to her. I realized that it wasn't her fault she was trying to be happy.

So, when she was alone in the kitchen, I walked in. She had her head hung low and it looked like she was crying. She looked like she had been crying all night. And that made my heart shatter.

I walked closer to her and pulled her into a hug. Even though I was shorter than her, I curled my body into our hug.

"I love you, Momma," I whispered to her. "And I'm so sorry I yelled at you."

She looked at me with tear filled eyes, "You called me Momma," she stated and started crying all over again. "You haven't called me that since your dad died." My eyes filled with tears, but I quickly pushed them back and put a smile on my face.

"I know. Now let's finish cooking because we have a big crowd of guys to feed," I said and she laughed. We finished cooking, and I had Brett and Cam set the table. Throughout dinner, we all laughed and talked.

For the first time since my dad died, I felt genuinely happy. This was a family. We were a family.

Suddenly, Brett stood up, gathering all of our attention.

"I want to make an announcement. Since that guy that you beat will probably come looking for you, I want to know if you four will... move in with me," he said looking at my mom, James, Blake, and me. We stared at him shocked. Then I thought about what he said. He is scared the Rogue is going to hurt us.

I looked at mom, and surprisingly she looked okay with it. As did Blake and James. They looked at me expectantly.

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be safe," I said with a grin. When we all agreed and the conversation progressed, Brett grabbed my hand and intwined it with his.

"Brett, does your house have a place to put a gym?" My mom asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes, we have a double basement with a place for our safe room and a gym. That would be perfect for one," he said. "Why?"

"The equipment for the one Kat wanted came in today," mom said with a smile.

My grin couldn't have gotten wider.

***Unknown P.O.V***

Sitting at her dining table, and listening to her happiness, was irking me.

No one knew that I was against them, and boss would be happy with the information I had gotten for him. When she beat him last night, he was beyond pissed.

He showed up at our pack house with an angry red face, and looked like he was going to kill us all.

My boss is going to get his revenge.

And the girl is going to get what she deserves. And no one will be able to stop him, not even this weak pack around me.

***Brett's P.O.V.***

She is so beautiful with her dimpled smile. She looks truly happy. I am so proud of my decision to let them move in. The lord knows the pack house has enough room.

I do not know what I would do if that rogue did anything to her. I calm myself down before I get too riled up. This is the reason I invited them to live with me. As I look at her as she smiles at her mom, I cannot help but smile at the beauty on my mate's face. There are so many things that should make me worried or upset, but all my heart can do is fill with happiness as I think of the best thing that has ever happened to me. After everyone left, her mom let me and her go up to her room. We didn't have to start packing yet because they were not going to move in until two weeks. You could see the excitement on her face, and it was the most beautiful thing in the world. When we got to her room, she sat on her desk chair and started spinning. Her smile still in place.

She looked at me with mischief in her eyes.

"Fight me," she said simply.

"No," I said automatically, my eyes widening at her request. Her eyes narrowed, thinning into little slits. For a moment, I regretted turning the request down.

"Why not? I want you to train me. I want to learn how to fight a werewolf. My fight was pure luck," she said with fire in her voice.

"I do not want to hurt you. Plus you have to heal before I can even begin to train you," I said in frustration.
She looked down. I knew a way to heal her faster, but I didn't want to push her hope that she would learn to fight one of us. I did not want to tell her I knew a way to heal her, but the look on her face told me I was going to give in.

"Fine, I'll do it," I said with gritted teeth, but deep down I would say the same thing again because at least it will help her if she ever gets attacked. And I pray for the guy who tries, because I will find him and fuck him up.

______________

I'm so proud of myself, guys! This past weekend I received an email from a publishing company. I'm only 15. I'm excited! Anyway, this is another chapter for you, my lovies! I love you all.

Sincerely, Kat.

P.S. My name is Kat just like the main character. I just couldn't come up with a good one when I started the book.