Chapter 10- Information (Edited)

Picture of Vicki above^

Ace~

I led Jules and her friend, Candy, down the left side of the house, better known as the entertainment hall. The theatre, pool, gym, and library were all down one way with the kitchen and living room just down the entrance standing opposite of the front door. The last hall on the right, just beside the staircase, was the way to my piano room.

We pass the entrance to the garden and I hear a small gasp. I peek behind me to see Jules' wide eyes on the view of rare flowers covering every patch of vines along the brick wall just outside. Beneath it, sat patches of grown, ready to be plucked, vegetables beside a brown bench. There was a cobblestone walkway that led from the glass door to a garden table and two cushioned seats that were perfectly placed next to a small pond.

I lift the corners of my mouth as she revels in its beauty, slowly falling behind to prolong her sightseeing.

"Feel free to take a closer look before you leave," I throw behind me. "In fact, if you agree to my proposition, you'll need a tour of the house anyways."

"Well I would've snooped around later without the permission, but thanks." I note the cool tone in her response as if she'd realized I was still here and composed herself.

"So you're admitting to being nosy?"

"I'm usually not, but I've already assumed you'd be okay with it considering your men couldn't touch me anyways."

I'm almost taken aback by how rash and bold her words are. She didn't sound apologetic at all and I knew, from how quick her response was, she meant every word. But damn it, if that didn't make my chest swell.

She was a damn good fighter and she knew it. But, as a man, I wasn't going to tell her that. The woman was a beast and though she could take my men down without question, there was no doubt in my mind that even she couldn't take me out.

As we approach another glass door leading into the gym, I spot Xander lifting weights against the window. The blinds were open, letting in natural sunlight that shined throughout the room. I could hear his music blasting through the door and I hold it open so the women can walk in first. Xander turns to us just as the door closes.

"What took you so long-." He stops short when he notices Jules and Candy standing beside me. A brow raises as he gives us a sly grin. "If it ain't diner girl. Both of you actually."

His gaze lingers on Candy long enough to make her cheeks turn the same color as her pink hair and I clear my throat to bring attention back to reality. Xanders eyes meet mine and I give a questioning look, one to which he responds with a shrug of his shoulder.

Fuck off Xander.

I shake my head and step further in, heading for the speaker. "Let's get started, Xan."

He claps his hand together once and turns to follow me. I play a random shuffle and hear 'Maria Maria' by Santana start to play and I turn back to our guests. Jules' look of confusion is what I see first and, mentally, I smile.

She has no idea.

I tug my shirt off and start to stretch, noticing and loving the way Jules' piercing gaze travels down my abdomen. At that, I actually crack a smile. Xander does the same until we stand side by side, waiting.

When she does nothing, but stare, I chuckle and wave a hand to break her trance. "Jules."

Candy nudges her arm when she seemingly doesn't hear me and only then does she look up at me. Xander coughs out, covering a chuckle that gives me the urge to smack him.