Chapter 17- Warning

Ace~

"Jules." She responds.

I grit my teeth together as I try and get myself free from this dip shits hold.

There's a reason why I distanced myself from Jules today. Why I wanted to keep her unknown from Marcus. Why I even needed her help in the first place.

And now it's being thrown back in my face.

Marcus hurts everyone he comes in contact with. Whether it be intentional or not, they get hurt. I don't want Jules in that.

I watch as Marcus' eyes light up.

The little fucker.

He drops her hand and sits in the seat Troy and Stacy were previously sitting in, his eyes staying glued to hers as he did so.

"So Beautiful," he says again.

I growl from where I stood and can see the two men flinch in front of me.

Marcus pays no attention to this and continues talking to Jules.

"Tell me, Jules, how do you know my good friend Ace?"

He moves around to get comfortable as Jules looks my way again. I can see in her eyes the panic...that quickly subsides to calmness.

Now is when I start to get confused. She turned to face him and I took the time to study her posture.

Her once stiff shoulders now drooped with relaxation. Her body snuggling back into the couch. Her eyes shone with courage as she looked at him.

"Oh, it was just your average meeting. You know, the bumping into each other and everything?" She smiled sweetly, "But never mind me. How do you two know each other?"

Marcus looked taken aback at how she had easily turned the questions on him.

"W-well...we..," he looked around as if looking for assistance, his eyes wide. He definitely wasn't ready for her.

I mentally laughed as I realized she had herself handled.

"I mean obviously you two have history with the way y'all happily greeted each other. And that suit! I mean...this is a club. Not a business meeting. But if it's what you want to wear, go ahead! But I suggest you try some jeans next time. For a handsome guy like you, you don't seem to bright, are you? I mean it's totally okay-"

She was cut off by Marcus as snickers were heard across the room.

"Let's get one thing straight."

He looked her square in the eyes as she did the same.

But the words that came out of his mouth next were unexpected.

"This suit goes with every occasion. It looks snappy, but it feels expensive. I mean do you know how much this Dolce & Gabana suit cost?" He said as he looked over his own suit and tried to smooth it over like women do with their skirts.

One of his fifteen men came over and whispered something in his ear.

Honestly, he had to bring fifteen men just for me? Don't I feel special.