Attack

"I'm not running away
I'm not running away
I will feel the pain and stay
I'm not running again
Even though I'm scared, baby."

~Freeze You Out, Sia

*****

(Caius, Aro, Andromeda, Mathias, Marcus)

The air was cool and crisp and silent. The growing familiar stench of werewolf caused a growl to tear from Andy's chest. Her posture stiffened as she smelled the sweet smell of mint and falling rain though it was weak and buried beneath the ones surrounding him.

The enemy's steps were slow and calculated as they made their way forward following upstream to where Andromeda stood with her hands clenched in tight fists at her side. Behind her was the Volturi and a few allies.

Her eyes fell on the chained werewolves being led around like pets and the small group of immortal children in amongst the gathering of vampires.

"Not the most attractive bunch are they," she commented turning her nose up slightly to the state of their blood stained and torn clothes.

"You do realise they can hear you." Mathias whispered.

"You do realise I don't care." She said with a smug grin that fell slightly as she saw the middle of their little army part. (I know wrong fandom but I had to put in my Elijah moment)

Her eyes fell on Quintus slowly taking him in. He wore a tailored navy suit the black rose crest hanging around his neck. He ran a hand through his wavy black hair a satisfied grin on his lips as he stalked forward. His eyes were a deep wine red that held a glint of insanity. He was handsome, Andy could admit that, but she couldn't see past the monster he was when they were human. It seemed vampirism enhanced that particular trait.

Trailing just beside him was a curvaceous brunette female that Andy recognised as Loretta. She didn't interact with Loretta enough to decide if she liked her or not a thousand years ago. Seeing her now made Andy wish she'd killed her with the rest of the Cult. Her hatred only increased for the pair as a figure was pushed into the dirt in front of them, chains attached to his limbs and around his neck.

His black shirt and pants were stained with the venom of both werewolves and vampires. Dirt was smeared on his pale skin and through his hair.

They held him on his knees his head forced down as Quintus circled him. A familiar piece of silver hung from his neck his Volturi crest long gone. Demetri was a member of the Greek coven in the Cult's eyes, and would suffer with his coven.

Andy hissed and moved to retrieve her mate her arms restrained by Mathias. "Listen Andy, you have to assume they have a plan. They always have a plan, don't rush into this like a fool."